As a passenger, you are encouraged to carefully examine your ticket, particularly the conditions of contract and notices
- If Warsaw Convention rules and limitations are not applicable to your journey, then Civil Aviation Law and the Regulations of Compensation For Damages Caused to Air & Freight of the Republic of China apply. Carrier liability is limited to NT$3,000,000 for death of the passenger and NT$1,500,000 for serious injury to the passenger. The maximum award for injuries other than death or for serious injury to the passenger is NT$1,500,000 and depends upon the extent of the injuries. Maximum liability for baggage calculated by actual damage is NT$1,000 per kilogram if it has been checked and NT$20,000 per passenger if it is unchecked.
- Flight coupons must be used from the place of departure in sequence as shown on the tickets.
- The ticket may not be valid and the Carrier may not honor the passenger’s ticket if the first flight coupon for international travel has not been used and the passenger commences his or her journey at any stopover or agreed stopping place.
- Passengers holding special fare tickets should contact the airline's ticket office or their travel agent for details of special conditions.
- The time shown on the flight coupon is the scheduled departure time for the aircraft. Please arrive at the airport check-in counter at least 1 hour before scheduled departure time for your flights. Arriving earlier than that will give you ample time to complete the formalities. Flights cannot be delayed for late-arriving passengers. Although the carrier will try to accommodate your seating needs or Advance Seat Selection, the carrier does not guarantee you any particular seat, even if your reservation is confirmed nor does it assume liability for any loss resulting from a missed flight.
Advice to Passengers of EVA Air Concerning Liability
With respect to carriage performed exclusively by EVA AIR, the following shall apply:
- EVA AIR shall not invoke the limitation of liability in Article 22(1) of the Convention as to any claim for recoverable compensatory damages arising under Article 17 of the Convention.
- EVA AIR shall not avail itself of any defense under Article 20(1) of the Convention with respect to that portion of such claim which does not exceed 100,000 SDRs.
- Except as otherwise provided in paragraphs 1 and 2 hereof, EVA AIR reserves all defenses available under the Convention to any such claim. With respect to third parties, EVA AIR also reserves all rights of recourse against any other person, including without limitation, rights of contribution and indemnity.
With respect to carriage performed by EVA AIR to, from or within the European Community: EVA AIR has voluntarily complied with European Community Council Regulation 2027/97 and where EVA AIR is liable for damages in respect of limitation; EVA AIR also waived the defense that it has taken all necessary measures to avoid the damage, for the first 100,000 SDRs of damages; in cases of death or bodily injury EVA AIR will make advance payments to the person entitled to compensation, if required to meet immediate economic needs, in proportion to the hardship suffered.
For a complete text of all applicable provisions, please refer to EVA Air's General Conditions of Carriage (Passenger and Baggage).
"Convention" has the meaning described under Conditions of Contract that accompanies the ticket.
"SDR" means Special Drawing Rights as defined by the International Monetary Fund and will be converted to national currency in accordance with the method of valuation applied by the International Monetary Fund.
- Each passenger may carry, without additional charges, one piece of hand baggage suitable for placing in the closed overhead compartment or under the passenger's seat, provide that the maximum dimensions shall not exceed 22 x 14 x 9 inches (or 56 x 36 x 23cm) in size and 7kg in weight.
- For ensuring the safety and comfort in cabin, any baggage in excess of the free carry-on baggage limitation (piece, or dimension, or weight) must be checked-in as checked baggage. Applicable excess baggage charges must be paid for the baggage exceeding the free baggage allowance.
- Subject to advance arrangement, baggage of a valuable or fragile nature or delicate musical instruments and the like, excluding free carry-on baggage, may be stowed on board by each passenger provided the required number of additional seats are reserved and are paid for.
Dangerous articles in baggage
For safety reasons, dangerous articles such as those listed below must not be carried in or as passengers' checked or carry-on baggage:
- CCompressed gases, e.g., canned butane, scuba oxygen bottles, aqualung cylinders, paint in spray can, insecticides, propane, hydrogen, acetylene, oxygen bottles, liquid nitrogen, , etc.
- Corrosives, e.g., acids, alkalis, mercury and mercury-containing devices, lead-acid batteries and wet-cell batteries.
- Explosives, e.g., munitions, ammunitions, fireworks, firecrackers , flares, etc.
- Flammable liquids and solids, e.g., kerosene, lighter fuel, “blue flame” or “cigar” lighters, matches, paints, thinners, fire lighters and related flammable solids, etc.
- Radioactive materials.
- Briefcases and attached cases with built-in alarm devices.
- Oxidizing materials, e.g., bleaching powder, peroxides, etc.
- Poisons and infectious substances, e.g., arsenic, weed-killers, insecticides and live-virus materials.
- Other dangerous articles such as asbestos, magnetized material, offensive or irritating materials (such as ktear-gas, stun-gun etc.)
On any flight of more than one leg, or on any round trip flight, it is no longer necessary to reconfirm provide that you have left a contact number or have completed the first stage of your journey.
If the passenger’s journey involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure the Warsaw Convention may be applicable and the Convention governs and in most cases limits the liability of carriers for death or personal injury and in respect of loss of or damage to baggage. See also notices titled “Advice to International Passengers on Limitation of Liability” and “Notice of Baggage Liability Limitations”.
Conditions of Contract
- As used in this contract “ticket” means this passenger ticket and baggage check, or this itinerary/receipt if applicable, in the case of an electronic ticket, of which these conditions and the notices form part, “carriage” is equivalent to “transportation”, “carrier” means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage, “electronic ticket” means the Itinerary/Receipt issued by or on behalf of Carrier, the Electronic Coupons and, if applicable, a boarding document. “WARSAW CONVENTION” means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12th October 1929, or that Convention as amended at The Hague, 28th September 1955, whichever may be applicable.
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention unless such carriage is not “international `carriage” as defined by the Convention.
- To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to: (i) provisions contained in the ticket; (ii) applicable tariffs; (iii) carrier's conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier), except in transportation between a place in the United States or Canada and an place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
- Carrier's name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier's tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or timetables; carrier's address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier's name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in carrier's timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passenger's route; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
- An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its Agent.
- Any exclusion or limitation of liability of the carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by the carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
- Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. In case of damage to baggage moving in international transportation complaint must be made in writing to the carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within 7 days from receipt; in case of delay, complaint must be made within 21 days from date the baggage was delivered. See tariffs or conditions of carriage regarding non-international transportation.
- This ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in the ticket, in carrier's tariffs, conditions of carriage, or related regulations. The fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse transportation if the applicable fare has not been paid.
- Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetable or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers of aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notices. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.
- Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at the airport time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
- No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.
CARRIER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE CARRIAGE TO ANY PERSON WHO HAS ACQUIRED A TICKET IN VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE LAW OR CARRIER'S TARIFFS, RULES OR REGULATIONS ISSUED BY EVA AIRWAYS CORPORATION SOLD SUBJECT TO TARIFF REGULATIONS.
Notice of Baggage Liability Limitations
Liability for loss or damage to baggage is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. For many international journeys, the Warsaw Convention may apply with liability limits of approximately US$9.07 per pound (US$20.00 per kilo) for checked baggage and US$400.00 per passenger for unchecked baggage. Excess valuation may be declared on certain types of articles. Some carriers assume no liability for fragile, valuable or perishable articles. Further information may be obtained from the carrier. For more information please access to EVA website www.evaair.com.
Advice to International Passengers on Limitation of Liability
Passengers on a journey involving an ultimate destination or a stop in a country other than the country of origin are advised that the provisions of a treaty known as the Warsaw Convention may be applicable to the entire journey, including any portion entirely within the country of origin or destination.
For such passengers on a journey to, from or with an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, the Convention and special contracts of carriage embodied in applicable tariffs provide that the liability of EVA AIRWAYS CORPORATION and certain other carriers, parties to such special contracts, for death of or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to proven damages not to exceed US$75,000 per passenger, and that this liability up to such limit shall not depend on negligence on the part of the carrier. For such passengers travelling by a carrier not a party to such special contracts or on a journey not to, from, or having an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, liability of the carrier for death of or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to approximately US$10,000 or US$20,000.
The names of carrier parties to such special contracts are available at all ticket offices of such carriers and may be examined on request.
Additional protection can usually be obtained by purchasing insurance from a private company. Such insurance is not affected by any limitation of the carrier’s liability under the Warsaw Convention or such special contracts of carriage. For further information please consult your airline or insurance company representative.
NOTE: The limit of liability of US$75,000 above is inclusive of legal fees and costs except that in case of a claim brought in a state where provision is made for separate award of legal fees and costs, the limit shall be the sum of US$58, 000 exclusive of legal fees and costs.
Notice of Flight Overbooking (Except USA/US territories)
The following notice does not apply to tickets sold in the United States for transportation originating in the United States.
DENIED BOARDING BY OVERBOOKING
In those countries where Denied Boarding Compensation regulations are in force, carriers operate compensations plans for passengers with confirmed reservations who are denied boarding because of non-availability of seats caused by overbooking. Details of these plans are available at the airline's offices.
In order to minimize the effect of no-shows and to permit seats to be used by passengers who otherwise would not be able to travel on a chosen flight, carriers may overbook flights.
While carriers make every effort to provide seats for which confirmed reservations exist, seat availability is not absolutely guaranteed.
Notice of government imposed taxes, fees and charges
The price of this ticket may include taxes, fees and charges which are imposed on air transportation by government authorities. These taxes, fees and charges, which may represent a significant portion of the cost or air travel, are either included in the fare, or shown separately in the " TAX/FEE/CHARGE" box(es) of this ticket. You may also be required to pay taxes, fees and charges not already collected.