Keep up to date with EVA's latest news and information
Latest News Releases
Filter News -
- 2015 26Lot Polish Airlines Hosts Star Alliance Chief Executive Board in Warsaw - Addition of Avianca in Brazil endorsed Strategic network development by adding more hub to hub connections
Star Alliance member carrier LOT Polish Airlines hosted the mid-year Chief Executive Board (CEB) Meeting during which the member carrier CEOs endorsed enhancements to further improve the network travel experience offered to customers and gave the go-ahead for the inclusion of a new member in Brazil.
- 2015 19Star Alliance LAX Lounge Wins SKYTRAX Award - Voted Best Alliance Lounge
The Star Alliance Lounge in the Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT) of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) has been voted best Alliance Lounge by Skytrax.
- 2015 17EVA AIR Ranks “The World’s Top Ten Best Airlines” and “Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness” in SKYTRAX’s 2015 World Airline Awards
Taiwan’s leading independent airline, EVA Air ranks top ten for “The World’s Best Airlines of 2015” and the first place for “Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness of 2015” category at SKYTRAX’s annual World Airline Awards. Presented at the Paris Air Show on 16th June 2015
- 2015 4EVA Air & Turkish Airlines Initiating Code-Share on Taipei – Istanbul Route Effective from June, 2015
TAIPEI (Jun 04, 2015) –Star Alliance members EVA Air and Turkish Airlines have signed a code share agreement on the Taipei-Istanbul v.v. route to be effective as of today, 2015.
- 2015 27EVA Air Official Wrap-Up Statement Bomb threat against BR12, TPE – LAX 26 May, 2015
After a thorough investigation, the FBI, Los Angeles Police Department Bomb Squad and airport officials have confirmed that the security threat against EVA Air BR12 flight from Taipei to Los Angeles today was a false alarmEVA Air Official Statement Bomb threat against BR12, TPE – LAX 26 May, 2015
EVA Air flight BR12 from Taipei to Los Angeles landed safely at Los Angeles International Airport at 15:40 (3:40 pm) on Tuesday, May 26, 2015. EVA used a Boeing 777-300ER for the flight
- 2015 4EVA to Brighten Texas’ Summer Skies with Specially Painted Airplane Introducing Hello Kitty Shining Star Jet flights, Houston-Asia
EVA Air will use its newest Hello Kitty Jet, a brand-new, specially painted Boeing 777-300ER, to launch non-stop flights from Houston to Taipei
- 2015 16EVA Air Hello Kitty Jet Lands in Singapore With Brand New Theme
Singapore to host first EVA Air Hello Kitty jet scheduled for Southeast Asia
- 2015 9EVA Serves Inflight Meals by Michelin Three-Star Nakamura Kyoto “Ichigo ichi,” meaning “treasure every encounter for it may never reoccur”
EVA Air has teamed up with three-star Michelin Restaurant Nakamura Kyoto to create gourmet inflight meals for both business and economy passengers on EVA flights from Taipei’s Taoyuan International Airport to Osaka, starting on 10 March, 2015. Motokazu Nakamura, the restaurant’s sixth-generation chef, is also preparing vegetarian selections so that every passenger can experience the style and techniques of Kyoto’s traditional culinary arts and kaiseke dining.
- 2015 2HEATHROW TERMINAL 2 - The Queen’s Terminal Named Airport of The Year AT Air Transport World Annual Awards
London Heathrow and Star Alliance have won the World’s Airport of the Year at Air Transport World’s (ATW) 41st Annual Airline Industry Achievement Awards, honoured jointly for their collaborative work on the new Terminal 2 at Heathrow.
- 2015 12EVA to Launch Second Fukuoka Route, Fly from Kaohsiung Airline continues to grow Taiwan - Japan service network
EVA Air will launch its second Fukuoka route and begin flights from Kaohsiung in Southern Taiwan on March 31, 2015. Travelers can book flights and reserve seats now for nonstop service between Taiwan’s second-largest city and the largest city in Japan’s Kyushu region by contacting a travel agent, an EVA ticket office or clicking on the airline’ website at www.evaair.com.
- 2015 10EVA Unveils Meal Service Series for Royal Laurel Class Diners Grammy Award nominee creates new design for inflight dining
TAIPEI, (February 12, 2015) – Taiwan-based EVA Air unveiled a new “Story Island – Round the World” inflight meal service series designed by renowned album cover designer and four-time Grammy Award nominee Xiao Qing-Yang on February 10, 2015. The specially created tablecloth, menus and wine list will be introduced in EVA’s Royal Laurel, Premium Laurel and Business Class cabins, starting March 1, 2015.
- 2015 16EVA Nears Top of Global Airline Safety Index, Ranks 3rd Annual AERO International report scrutinizes 60 largest carriers
Taiwan-based EVA Air ranks third among the world’s safest airlines on the annual index reported by Germany’s AERO International Magazine. After ranking among the top 10 seven times since 2004, EVA rose from 5th on last year’s list to achieve its highest score. The publication’s 2014 assessments were released in its February 2015 edition on January 16. With its safety programs, consistent record and high standards, EVA has solid standing among leading international airlines and ranks just behind Cathay Pacific Airways and Emirates on the AERO International list.
- 2015 7EVA Air Again Ranks Among World’s Top-10 Safest Full-Service Airlines
For the second consecutive year, EVA Air is ranked as one of world's top-10 safest full-service airlines by website AirlineRatings.com.
Archive News Releases
For prior releases listed please click on the years linked below.2015 │ 2014 │ 2013 │ 2012 │ 2011 │ 1