Exit Seat Information
In compliance with regulations and to assure cabin safety, the exit seats cannot be assigned to a passenger who falls into the following categories：
- Does not have sufficient mobility, strength or dexterity in both arms/hands or legs.
- Less than 15 years old.
- Does not have the ability to read or understand printed or graphic instructions related to emergency evacuation.
- Does not have sufficient visual capacity to perform applicable functions without the assistance of visual aids beyond contact lenses or eyeglasses.
- Does not have sufficient aural capacity to hear and understand instructions by cabin crewmembers without assistance beyond a hearing aid.
- Does not have the ability to convey information orally to other passengers.
- Has the responsibility of caring for small children.
- Deportees or their escorts.
- Traveling with service animals (ex: guide dog).
- A passenger with baggage carried on another seat.
- With any condition that might cause bodily harm if performing any of the functions above.
If you have been assigned an exit seat, you may be asked to perform the following functions when aircraft has come to a complete stop and instruction from cabin crew is given (when no instruction is given from incapacitated cabin crew, after evacuation signal or command is heard):
- Be able to locate the emergency exit.
- Be able to recognize the emergency exit opening mechanism and the operation instructions.
- Be able to read and understand the instructions for operating the emergency exit, follow hand signals and oral directions given by crewmembers.
- Be able to stow or secure the emergency exit door so that it will not obstruct use of the exit.
- Be able to activate and stabilize the slide after deployment and go down slide (raft) first to assist others in getting off the slide; (not applicable for aircraft without slides).
- Be able to assess, select, and follow a safe path away from the emergency exit and aircraft. Be willing to help other passengers away from the plane
If you cannot or do not wish to perform these functions, please inform a ground staff or cabin crewmember to be reseated. Your compliance with the regulations and assistance to cabin safety will be highly appreciated.