- Before requesting an upgrade award, you must issue an eligible revenue class with--K,L,T(Elite/Evergreen Deluxe),Y,B,M,S(Economy) ticket and enough mileage/electronic upgrade certificate valid until departure date and earned by the same account number. Requesting an upgrade award upon check-in at airport is not applicable.
- You may follow these steps to apply for an upgrade award when you reach the upgrade award requirement with a valid Upgrade Certificate (Upgrade awards are limited to the next higher class. Successive class upgrade is not allowed) or miles earned by the same account number: :
- Step 1:
Make your reservations through an EVA Air reservation office and state your intention to use Miles or an Upgrade Certificate for an upgrade award. Please also state the type of ticket that you are holding. (Please see note 1)
Note 1: Members can also make Award Upgrade reservations by logging into the Evergreen Club account online. It is available to ticketed passengers with confirmed reservations made by the EVA Internet Booking System only.
(Booking Designators for upgrade award: Z - Business / Premium Laurel / Royal Laurel, U– Evergreen Deluxe / Elite)
- Step 2：
Choose to use your own miles, the miles transferred to you or Electronic Upgrade Certificate.
- Step 3：
The system will automatically deduct miles or an Upgrade Certificate from your electronic account once you book a confirmed seat.
The total mileage required for the upgrade must be valid untill the departure date.
- Step 1:
- When you cancel an upgraded reservation that was made by using Miles or an Upgrade Certificate before the departure date, the system will automatically re-deposit the original valid Miles or Upgrade Certificate back to the account. The system takes 3-5 days to process the re-deposit action if the cancellation occurred after the departure date.
- Please print the original ticketing class category when buying the ticket and booking Designator for upgrade award.
- Upgrade awards are applicable to EVA Air and UNI Air international routes with BR or B7 flight number except chartered flights and some code-shared routes with partner airlines.( E.g. Taipei-Tokyo route code-shared with All Nippon which is operated by All Nippon.)
- Holding Y,B,M,S (Economy) tickets are eligible for an upgrade award to Royal Laurel/Super Business/Premium Laurel by deduct miles.
- EVA Air and UNI Air reserve the right to limit or adjust the number of passenger upgrades subject to the status of booking on each flight. The number of upgrade seats may not be available on some flights.
- If the ticket presented at the airport check-in counter does not comply with the rules for upgrade, the member must abide by the airport staff's recommendation. You will be most likely asked to purchase another ticket, pay the difference between the two tickets, or check-in according to the ticket class.
- Infant tickets are required to pay a fare difference for the upgrade.
- Purchasing miles for an en route upgrade upon check-in at airport is no longer applicable.
- The ticket holder is responsible for all taxes and surcharges for an upgrade award.
- The mileage record with cabin class upgrade can be credited to the Evergreen Club membership account only. It is not permitted to transfer mileage to other partner airlines.
Using your miles for redeeming ticket awards, upgrade awards, hotel accommodation voucher awards, etc
Applying an Upgrade Award
Copyright © 2012 EVA Airways.