Airports in Taiwan
How to get to the airport?
Located in Taoyuan County, approximately 40 kilometers or about 50 minutes by car or bus from downtown Taipei. You can take frequent scheduled buses or a taxi to the Taoyuan International Airport.
- Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (Open in new window)
- Evergreen Bus schedule (Open in new window, in Chinese only)
- For all flights operated by EVA/UNI Airways
- Island 10 : Infinity MileageLands Diamond, Royal Laurel Class, Premium Laurel, Business Class
- Island 11 : Infinity MileageLands Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Online Check-in, Self Check-in Bag Drop
- Island 12 : Infinity MileageLands Silver, Elite Class, Economy Class
- Island 13 : Courtesy/Special Assistance, Economy Class
- Island 14-17 : Economy Class
- Counters are opened gradually from 04:15, please check your check-in island at the airport. All flights are closed punctually 40 minutes before flight departure.
- (Due to increasing departure passengers and long security/immigration process during the Lunar New Year, all flights are closed punctually 60 minutes before flight departure from Feb. 03 to Feb. 18, 2016.)
- **When checking in for a codeshare flight, be sure to check in with the operating carrier.
- Ticket Counter Service Hours: 05:00-24:00
Hello Kitty Kiosk
Checking in for your flight is fun and convenient at EVA Air’s Hello Kitty Kiosks. The kiosks are located behind counter 10, next to the EVA Air ticketing counter at Taoyuan International Airport Terminal 2.
What do I need to do to board the aircraft?
- Please be at the boarding gate at the time shown on your boarding pass. If you are late, you may not be able to board the flight. We recommend that you arrive at your departure gate at least 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time and are seated onboard the aircraft no later than 10 minutes before departure.
- Please board in the sequence announced.Royal Laurel/ Premium Laurel/Business Class passengers and Infinity MileageLands Diamond/Gold card member have priority boarding. Passengers traveling with infants/children, seniors and others who need more time to board, including passengers in wheelchairs, etc., can also be given priority boarding.
- EVA will inspect your carry-on baggage to ensure that it meets regulations for unchecked baggage. We will help you check baggage that does not comply with regulations and collect any extra-baggage charges that may apply if you exceed your free baggage allowance.
- Please remember to turn off your mobile telephone from the moment the aircraft doors close until they open again at your destination or you could be in violation of government regulations.
Please proceed to the baggage claim area to retrieve your baggage. To ensure that you don't take someone else's identical or similar-looking luggage by mistake, please double-check the tag number on the suitcase to make certain it is the same as the one on your baggage receipt before you take it from the conveyor.
If the arrial flight is blocked at Terminal 1, passengers still need to entry clearance and claim baggages at Terminal 2.
Taoyuan International Airport Terminal II Transit Information
How do I transfer to a connecting flight?
- Ask EVA airport staff for assistance. We will tell you when the flight is departing and direct you to your gate.
- Your checked baggage can usually be tagged and through-checked to your final destination if your onward flight is confirmed. But please keep in mind that some countries require you to declare your baggage during transfer/transit at your first arrival point within its territory, e.g., United States.
- If you are connecting to an EVA flight, your luggage will usually be through-checked all the way to your final destination, and you will receive all of your boarding passes when you check in for the first flight.
- If you are connecting to another airline, please check with your connecting airline to make sure of your terminal and departure gate location.