Delayed / Missing / Damaged Baggage
As soon as you determine that your baggage has been delayed, stolen, lost or damaged, please contact EVA airport personnel and submit a claim report. Please note that all claims for delayed, stolen or lost baggage should contact with EVA as soon as possible, and must be submitted within twenty-one (21) days. Claims for damaged baggage must be submitted within seven (7) days.
In the event your checked bags do not arrive on your flight, reasonable efforts complying with flight duration, frequency of flights, or Customs & Immigration procedures at the destination airport will be made to ensure that the bag is returned to you within 24 hours after you have arrived at final destination. The options below allow you to check the status of your baggage :
- Contact the EVA Air Baggage Service Office : Download the contact information.
- Online Baggage Tracing : Enter the file reference number and your last name.
Most baggage delays are the result of missed connections at transfer points and more than 90% of the baggage reported missing upon arrival is reunited with its owner within five (5) days after the flight. If your baggage is still missing after five (5) days, we will send you a Baggage Claim/Inventory Form to fill out. This claim form will help us locate your baggage and process any related compensation. Please complete and return the form to EVA Air within twenty-one (21) days to maintain your claim rights.
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) recommends that passengers report missing baggage to the last airline flown for trips that have involved more than one carrier. In case of late delivery, damage, or missing baggage, please contact the last carrier you flew to reach your destination.
EVA and its agents handle all baggage with diligent care. Nevertheless, damage might happen under certain circumstances. If you believe EVA has damaged your checked baggage, please review this page to see how to report your claim. EVA has cooperating luggage repair companies at major airports and will provide door-to-door delivery services for repaired or replacement baggage and will assess the damage and let you know if your bag can be repaired.
- Checked Baggage:
- Liability for checked baggage is limited in accordance with the relevant convention governing international air travel unless a higher value has been declared in advance and excess value charges have been paid. The relevant convention is subject to the provisions of the applicable Warsaw Convention or Montreal Convention, and the terms of the EVA AIR General Conditions of Carriage.
- Carry-on Baggage:
- Carry-on (unchecked) baggage includes items that you carry with you into the aircraft cabin and remain under your custody throughout the flight. EVA is not liable for any loss of or damage to carry-on (unchecked) baggage unless such loss or damage is caused by EVA's negligence. Under such a circumstance, EVA's liability is limited in accordance with the relevant convention governing international air travel. The relevant convention is subject to the provisions of the applicable Warsaw Convention or Montreal Convention, and the terms of the EVA Air General Conditions of Carriage.
EVA Air’s liability may be limited for the loss of, damage to, or delay in delivery of medicines, orthotics (medical support devices), money, jewelry, silverware, negotiable papers, securities, business/personal documents, spirits, books/manuscripts, optics, keys, publications, blueprints, paintings/works of arts, sound reproduction equipment, business samples, artistic items, irreplaceable items, photographs, business equipment, natural fur products, antiques, heirlooms, collectibles, artifacts, precious metals/stones, photographic/audio/video equipment and related items, computer hardware/software or electronic components/equipment.
- Checked Baggage
- As a passenger, you are entitled to pick up your own baggage at the airport baggage claim area. This designated baggage claim area could be at a stop-over airport or at the terminating airport. If your baggage is not picked up, EVA will store it for 30 days and assess applicable storage charges. If a passenger fails to claim baggage within 30 days, its disposal is subject to EVA's discretion.
- Unclaimed Property
- Depending upon what it is, unclaimed property found in the cabin will be held by either the EVA baggage office for 20 days or local airport authorities. You can Click here for the Unclaimed Property Tracing. If you have found personal items that have been left behind in the aircraft cabin, please contact the EVA Baggage Office immediately.