Keep up to date with EVA's latest news and information
Latest News Releases
Filter News -
- 2015 4EVA to Brighten Texas’ Summer Skies with Specially Painted Airplane Introducing Hello Kitty Shining Star Jet flights, Houston-Asia
EVA Air will use its newest Hello Kitty Jet, a brand-new, specially painted Boeing 777-300ER, to launch non-stop flights from Houston to Taipei
- 2015 16EVA Air Hello Kitty Jet Lands in Singapore With Brand New Theme
Singapore to host first EVA Air Hello Kitty jet scheduled for Southeast Asia
- 2015 9EVA Serves Inflight Meals by Michelin Three-Star Nakamura Kyoto “Ichigo ichi,” meaning “treasure every encounter for it may never reoccur”
EVA Air has teamed up with three-star Michelin Restaurant Nakamura Kyoto to create gourmet inflight meals for both business and economy passengers on EVA flights from Taipei’s Taoyuan International Airport to Osaka, starting on 10 March, 2015. Motokazu Nakamura, the restaurant’s sixth-generation chef, is also preparing vegetarian selections so that every passenger can experience the style and techniques of Kyoto’s traditional culinary arts and kaiseke dining.
- 2015 2HEATHROW TERMINAL 2 - The Queen’s Terminal Named Airport of The Year AT Air Transport World Annual Awards
London Heathrow and Star Alliance have won the World’s Airport of the Year at Air Transport World’s (ATW) 41st Annual Airline Industry Achievement Awards, honoured jointly for their collaborative work on the new Terminal 2 at Heathrow.
- 2015 12EVA to Launch Second Fukuoka Route, Fly from Kaohsiung Airline continues to grow Taiwan - Japan service network
EVA Air will launch its second Fukuoka route and begin flights from Kaohsiung in Southern Taiwan on March 31, 2015. Travelers can book flights and reserve seats now for nonstop service between Taiwan’s second-largest city and the largest city in Japan’s Kyushu region by contacting a travel agent, an EVA ticket office or clicking on the airline’ website at www.evaair.com.
- 2015 10EVA Unveils Meal Service Series for Royal Laurel Class Diners Grammy Award nominee creates new design for inflight dining
TAIPEI, (February 12, 2015) – Taiwan-based EVA Air unveiled a new “Story Island – Round the World” inflight meal service series designed by renowned album cover designer and four-time Grammy Award nominee Xiao Qing-Yang on February 10, 2015. The specially created tablecloth, menus and wine list will be introduced in EVA’s Royal Laurel, Premium Laurel and Business Class cabins, starting March 1, 2015.
- 2015 16EVA Nears Top of Global Airline Safety Index, Ranks 3rd Annual AERO International report scrutinizes 60 largest carriers
Taiwan-based EVA Air ranks third among the world’s safest airlines on the annual index reported by Germany’s AERO International Magazine. After ranking among the top 10 seven times since 2004, EVA rose from 5th on last year’s list to achieve its highest score. The publication’s 2014 assessments were released in its February 2015 edition on January 16. With its safety programs, consistent record and high standards, EVA has solid standing among leading international airlines and ranks just behind Cathay Pacific Airways and Emirates on the AERO International list.
- 2015 7EVA Air Again Ranks Among World’s Top-10 Safest Full-Service Airlines
For the second consecutive year, EVA Air is ranked as one of world's top-10 safest full-service airlines by website AirlineRatings.com.
- 2014 18Air India Hosts First Star Alliance Chief Executive Board Meeting In India
Air India played host to the first ever Star Alliance Chief Executive Board Meeting (CEB) held in India. This follows the national carrier's joining the world's longest serving and most comprehensive airline alliance in July this year.
- 2014 15Taipei – Houston Route Non-stop flights will enhance Trans-Pacific service network
EVA Air will initiate non-stop flights between Taipei and Houston on June 19, 2015. The airline will start the new service with three flights a week and increase frequency to four on July 1, 2015. The route will give passengers a comfortable way to fly from the Southwestern region of the US to Taipei and conveniently transfer to major destinations throughout Asia.
- 2014 11Eva Air and Singapore Airlines expand codeshare operations
EVA Air and Singapore Airlines customers can now enjoy more seamless travel to the United States and Canada, as a result of an expanded codeshare agreement between the two carriers.
- 2014 3EVA to Launch New Kaohsiung - Osaka Rout
Daily Flights to link Southern Taiwan and Japan’s Kansai Region
- 2014 2AirlineRatings.com Ranks EVA 7th of World’s Top-10 Airlines for 2015 Website’s experts also rate EVA Best Long-Haul Airline Asia/Pacific
Industry experts at AirlineRatings.com have ranked EVA Air seventh among the world’s top-10 airlines, identifying it as an airline of choice for business and leisure travel in 2015.
Archive News Releases
For prior releases listed please click on the years linked below.2015 │ 2014 │ 2013 │ 2012 │ 2011