Keep up to date with EVA's latest news and information
Filter News -
- 2014 18Air India Hosts First Star Alliance Chief Executive Board Meeting In India
Air India played host to the first ever Star Alliance Chief Executive Board Meeting (CEB) held in India. This follows the national carrier's joining the world's longest serving and most comprehensive airline alliance in July this year.
- 2014 15Taipei – Houston Route Non-stop flights will enhance Trans-Pacific service network
EVA Air will initiate non-stop flights between Taipei and Houston on June 19, 2015. The airline will start the new service with three flights a week and increase frequency to four on July 1, 2015. The route will give passengers a comfortable way to fly from the Southwestern region of the US to Taipei and conveniently transfer to major destinations throughout Asia.
- 2014 11Eva Air and Singapore Airlines expand codeshare operations
EVA Air and Singapore Airlines customers can now enjoy more seamless travel to the United States and Canada, as a result of an expanded codeshare agreement between the two carriers.
- 2014 3EVA to Launch New Kaohsiung - Osaka Rout
Daily Flights to link Southern Taiwan and Japan’s Kansai Region
- 2014 2AirlineRatings.com Ranks EVA 7th of World’s Top-10 Airlines for 2015 Website’s experts also rate EVA Best Long-Haul Airline Asia/Pacific
Industry experts at AirlineRatings.com have ranked EVA Air seventh among the world’s top-10 airlines, identifying it as an airline of choice for business and leisure travel in 2015.
- 2014 30Bonjour! First EVA Air 777 Hello Kitty Jet arrived Paris Themed aircraft flying from Paris to Taiwan now!
EVA Air’s Hand-in-Hand Hello Kitty Jet arrived Paris today!
- 2014 2Bonjour! EVA Hello Kitty Jet En Route to Paris, Starting 29 October Passengers can book nonstop Taipei – Paris flights now
TAIPEI, TAIWAN (2 Sept., 2014) – EVA Air is taking its Hand-in-Hand Hello Kitty Jet to Europe! The airline will fly the colorfully liveried Boeing 777-300ER between Taipei and Paris, starting 29 Oct., 2014. EVA is offering the fun way to fly just in time for those who want to enjoy the splendor and romance of fall in the City of Lights.
- 2014 25Star Alliance Officially Opens New Lounge at SÃO PAULO – Guarulhos Airport Terminal 3
Access is granted to passengers travelling on Star Alliance member airlines from Guarulhos in First or Business Class or holding Star Alliance Gold Status
- 2014 16Air India Joins Star Alliance - First Indian Airline to join Global Airline Alliance
Star Alliance, the way the Earth connects, welcomed Air India as a full member of its global family of airlines, opening the national carrier's strong domestic network in the fifth largest aviation market to Star Alliance customers worldwide.
- 2014 24Star Alliance Chief Executive Board Approves Air India Membership
Joining date for National Carrier set for July 11th, 2014Britain's Queen Elizabeth II Formally Opens Heathrow Terminal 2: The Queen's Terminal
The new home of Star Alliance in London
- 2014 4NEW HEATHROW TERMINAL 2 STARTS OPERATIONS
First passengers arrive at Star Alliance’s new home at HeathrowSTAR ALLIANCE Offers More Choice For Globetrotters
The Star Alliance network has expanded its offer to globetrotters through the introduction of four additional Round the World (RTW) fare levels. Customers can now choose from a total of 14 RTW fares; three for travel in First Class, four for travel in Business Class and seven for travel in Economy Class.
- 2014 22EVA Adds Two Latest-Generation Boeing777-300ERs 1st with Panasonic’s new inflight entertainment system
SEATTLE (21 May, 2014) – EVA Air took delivery of its 16th and 17th Boeing 777-300ER (registration numbers B-16718 and B-16719) on 21 May, 2014 at the Boeing factory in Everett, Washington. Boeing and EVA staged a delivery ceremony led by EVA Chairman K.W. Chang and Boeing Marketing, Sales Strategy & Operations Vice President Ihssane Mounir.
- 2014 21EVA Air Cargo Wins Air Cargo World Gold Award for Excellence
EVA Air Cargo won Air Cargo World’s Gold Award in its 10th annual Excellence Survey
- 2014 18Star Alliance Navigator App Goes Android
Users of Android mobile devices now have all travel related Star Alliance information at their fingertips. Thanks to the new Star Alliance Navigator App for Android, details of the wide-ranging Alliance services and benefits are now accessible at a touch of a button.
- 2014 6EVA Recognized As Wine Lovers’ Way to Fly in Two Categories White and sparkling wines win 1st place in Business Traveller competition
Sipping a great glass of white wine or champagne at 30,000 feet is among the ultimate luxuries of travel and London-based Business Traveller tests the best airlines have to offer every year in its Cellars in the Sky Awards.
- 2014 21EVA to Increase North America Frequency 22 Percent Star Alliance membership leads to greater demand
21 JAN 2014 (TAIPEI, TAIWAN) – Starting in June 2014, EVA Air will increase North American service from 45 flights per week to 55, boosting frequency to Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Toronto and Vancouver.
- 2014 20EVA Ranked Among World’s 5 Safest Airlines, Rating marks Ten years at top of AERO International list
EVA Air has been ranked fifth among the world’s top-10 safest airlines by Germany’s AERO International Magazine. The publication’s assessments for 2013 were released in its February 2014 edition on January 17
- 2014 10Industry Experts Rank EVA Among World's 10 Safest Airlines
Industry Experts Rank EVA Among World's 10 Safest Airlines, AirlineRatings.com uses strict criteria to make assessments.
Archive News Releases
For prior releases listed please click on the years linked below.2014 │ 2013 │ 2012 │ 2011