EVA AIR only provides the service for flights departing from Taoyuan International airport, Taiwan.
Goods you cannot pack in your baggage include: Dangerous goods that can endanger the aircraft, persons or property on board the aircraft. Items prohibited by the laws, regulations or orders of all countries in your travel itinerary. Items identified by EVA as unsuitable for carriage because of weight, size or character. Live animals, with the exceptions of dogs, cats, household birds and seeing eye/hearing aid dogs being safely transported in accordance with EVA requirements. Firearms and ammunition for other than hunting or sporting purposes are prohibited as baggage. Fragile or perishable items, money, jewelry, precious metal, silverware, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, business documents, prototypes, paintings... etc., should not be packed in checked baggage.
You can carry fragile, bulky items and/or musical instruments etc. into the cabin with you if the required number of additional seats are reserved and paid for in advance. Such baggage is restricted to a maximum of 70 kg(154 lb) per seat. There are also restrictions on dimension. Please contact EVA Reservations for more details.
First, EVA sincerely regrets causing you any inconvenience.
As soon as you discover your baggage has been delayed, stolen, lost and damaged, please contact the EVA Air Baggage Service Office for further service. Claimed for delayed, lost and missing item(s) must be summited within twenty-one (21) days. Claims for damaged baggage must be submitted within seven (7) days. Reimbursement for reasonable expenses will be based upon acceptable proof of claim, for further information, you can click here.
Liability for Checked Baggage
Liability for checked baggage is limited in accordance with the relevant convention governing international air travel unless a higher value has been declared in advance and excess value charges have been paid. The relevant convention is subject to the provisions of the applicable Warsaw Convention or Montreal Convention, and the terms of EVA AIR General Conditions of Carriage.
Liability for Unchecked Baggage
Carry-on (unchecked) baggage includes items that you carry with you into the aircraft cabin and keep under your custody throughout the flight. EVA is not liable for any loss of or damage to carry-on (unchecked) baggage unless such loss or damage is caused by EVA's negligence. Under such a circumstance, EVA's liability is limited in accordance with the relevant convention governing international air travel . The relevant convention is subject to the provisions of the applicable Warsaw Convention or Montreal Convention, and the terms of EVA AIR General Conditions of Carriage.
Please remember that EVA Air is not liable for loss, damage, or delay in delivery of perishable property and baggage with inadequate packing, nor for damage to or damage caused by fragile articles, liquids, or perishables. EVA Air’s liability may be limited for the loss of, damage to, or delay in delivery of medicines, orthotics (medical support devices), money, jewelry, silverware, negotiable papers, securities, business/personal documents, spirits, books/manuscripts, optics, keys, publications, blueprints, paintings/works of arts, sound reproduction equipment, business samples, artistic items, irreplaceable items, photographs, business equipment, natural fur products, antiques, heirlooms, collectibles, artifacts, precious metals/stones, photographic/audio/video equipment and related items, computer hardware/software or electronic components/equipment.
You are entitled to a free baggage allowance, which varies depending on your route, class and member tier. You may take extra bags with you for a charge, contact your travel agent, check our interline partners or contact EVA AIR ticketing offices .For more details, please click here.The baggage allowance depends on the airport and the destination. Two allowance systems are in use (Operated by EVA Air/UNI Air for the entire international journey) :
(Except countries apply Piece System)
(To/From the US and Canada and certain countries in South and Central America.)
|40 kg (88 lb)
||2 pieces, each baggage shall not exceed 32 kg(70 lb)
||The sum of the three dimensions of each piece may not exceed 158 cm(62 in)
|Premium Economy Class
||35 kg (77 lb)
||2 pieces, each baggage shall not exceed 28 kg(62 lb)
||30 kg (66 lb)
||2 pieces, each baggage shall not exceed 23 kg(50 lb)
|Infant not entitled to a seat
|10 kg (22 lb)
1 piece with same weight of baggage allowance in an adult traveling class.
1. For infant not entitled to a seat, in addition 1 free checked or carry-on fully collapsible stroller/pushchair or infants carrying basket or car seat, which may be carried in the passenger cabin subject to the availability of space.
2. For interline travel, please refer to Checked Baggage for more information.
We welcome accompanied pets, including cats, dogs, rabbits and seeing eye/hearing aid dogs on EVA operated flights. Please contact EVA Air to confirm the conditions of transportation. Subject to regulations in the country where your flight originates, animals can be carried as checked baggage in a temperature-controlled compartment. Please contact EVA Air to get transportation details for other animals. Please note: effective from Sept. 1 2006, EVA Air does not accept any pets, excluding seeing eye/hearing aid dogs, to be carried in the cabin as unchecked baggage.
Pets and guide dogs must be healthy, harmless, clean and odorless. They must be safely contained in a leak, escape and claw-proof container or cage. You must provide sufficient food and water for consumption during the journey.
Pets carried in the cabin cannot be fed inflight. The weight of an animal carried on cannot exceed 5 kg/11 lb, and dimensions of the carrying cage must comply with unchecked baggage requirements. The number of pets allowed as unchecked baggage is limited on each flight. Please contact EVA Air for more details.
Please note: Effective on Sept. 1 2006, EVA Air does not accept any pets, excluding seeing eye/hearing aid dogs, to be carried in the cabin as unchecked baggage.
Accompanied seeing eye/hearing aid dogs will be carried free of charge. There is a service charge for carriage of other pets. Please contact EVA Air for more details.
There are no special regulations on size or weight for seeing eye/hearing aid dogs carried in the cabin. Dogs must be properly harnessed and muzzled, remain at the feet of the master, and, if possible, lay on the floor next to the cabin wall.
Select a container or cage suitable for air travel and large enough for the animal to stand upright and lay down comfortably.
Research shown that Brachycephalic animals (snub-nosed, short snout or flat face) are very sensitive to the changing of temperature because of snub noses. They have a high potential risk of breathing trouble during air transportation, causing negative health impact to the animals. As a result, the following Brachycephalic animals, including dogs and cats, will not be accepted for carriage during the high temperature season from Apr 1st to Nov 30th:
Dogue de Bordeaux
English Toy Spaniel
Japanese Chin/Japanese Spaniel/Chin Chin
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Exotic shorthair cats
Please click here for more details about travelling with pets.
If the value of your baggage exceeds normal liability limits, you can declare the value and pay applicable charges. You will be charged US $0.5 for each US $100 declared. EVA will not accept a higher declaration than US $2,500 from any one passenger.
Baggage including fragile or perishable items, money, jewelry, precious metal, silverware, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, business documents or prototypes will not be accepted for an excess value declaration. If any interline carriage is involved, EVA will refuse your declaration. Please contact EVA Air for more details.
Unchecked baggage will be allowed on board only if it can be safely stowed under your passenger seat or in the closed overhead bin. EVA Air has placed 'Test Units' at either its check-in counter or boarding lounge in each airport to help you determine whether or not your baggage must be checked. For flight safety, unchecked baggage that exceeds EVA Air's requirements will be checked and carried in the luggage compartment.
If you wish to take fragile, bulky item and/or larger musical instruments, etc., into the cabin, you may purchase a seat for stowing your Cabin Baggage and EVA Air will arrange proper seats for you and the baggage. Cabin Baggage cannot be booked online and reservations for this service should be made at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure time by an EVA Air’s agent. For more details please contact our Reservation Office.
Free Carry-On Items:
Each Royal Laurel/Premium Laurel/Business Class passenger is allowed to carry two-pieces of hand-carry baggage and each piece cannot exceed 7 kg (15 lb). Each Premium Economy Class/Economy Class passenger is permitted to carry one-piece weighing 7 kg (15
lb) carry-on baggage.
The dimension of each hand-carry baggage may not be larger than 23 x 36 x 56 cm /9 x 14 x 22 in or total of 115 cm/45 in (personal item is not applied to this regulation) and:
- Infant food and a bag of supplies for use and proper care during the flight.
- One infant carrier or fully collapsible stroller/push chair (will be loaded in the luggage compartment if stowage space is not available in the cabin).
- Wheelchairs/Crutches/Braces/Prosthetic Devices on which a disabled passenger depends (to be loaded in the luggage compartment if stowage space is not available in the cabin). Please click here for details.
- One laptop.
You can find more information from Carry-on Baggage.
Baggage in excess of EVA Air’s free allowance will be subject to excess baggage charges and an additional charge will be collected for any checked baggage which is overweight or oversize. Some different regulations and charges apply to special baggage, please contact EVA Air reservations 24 hours prior to your departure. Please click Excess Baggage and Other Optional Fees for full informations.
- Whether your baggage will be assessed by the piece or by weight, please do not pack any single piece of baggage heavier than 32 kg/70 lb. to prevent injury to yourself or to the baggage handlers. Any single piece of baggage heavier than 32 kg/70 lb. requires advance application with EVA so that proper preparations can be arranged. Please also see General Information/General Notification page.
- For safety reason, EVA Air does not accept any liquid material shipped in drums as checked baggage loading in bulk (all aircraft types).
- For the aircraft type MD90 which can be only bulk loading, EVA Air does not accept such kind of checked baggage. As for other aircraft types, such baggage can be accepted but must be built up in baggage containers.
- Due to structural limitations on some types of aircraft, any single piece of baggage heavier than 50 kg/110 lb. may be unacceptable. Please contact EVA Air or ticketing offices in Taiwan for details.
- Any unchecked items occupying extra seats are charged and considered as "Cabin Baggage", such as an urn, carved statue or musical instruments. Applicable adult fare ticket should be purchased (except Inclusive tour / Child / Infant discount or any other discounted fares.).
EVA Air will check through your baggage to the final destination according to the following rules. However, if you are going to travel on another carrier’s flight to connect to BR’s flight, please contact that carrier for their baggage rules.
- Confirmed reservation on a onward-connection flight.
- Transfer time is within 24 hours.
- Transfer point is at the same airport.
- There is an interline Baggage Agreement between EVA Air and the onward connection carrier.
- The checked baggage complies with the laws of the country.
- Plese contact the ground staff for the regulation.
You can check in up to 1 hour before your flight departs.
For flight safety reasons, dangerous goods as those listed below shall not be carried in your baggage:
- Compressed gases, regardless of flammability or toxicity (such as butane, oxygen, liquid nitrogen and diving tanks)
- Corrosives (such as strong acids, strong alkalis, mercury, mercury-containing devices and wet cell batteries)
- Explosives (such as ammunition, fireworks, firecrackers and flares)
- Flammables (such as lighter fuels, matches, paints, thinner and igniters)
- Radioactive materials
- Briefcases and security-type attaché cases with installed alarm devices
- Oxidizing substances (such as bleaching powder and peroxides)
- Poisonous and infectious substances (such as pesticides, weed-killers and active viruses)
- Other dangerous goods (such as magnetized materials, offensive weapons or irritants)
We recommend that you check in at least one and one–half (1.5) hours before scheduled departure time. Counter opening times for check-in varies at each airport. Please contact the EVA Airport Office if you need more information.
EVA provides special meals for dietary, medical and religious reasons. If a special meal is requested at the airport, there may not be enough preparation time. Please make any special meal request when you make reservations.
In compliance with regulations and to assure cabin safety, the exit seats cannot be assigned to a passenger who falls into the following categories:
- Does not have sufficient mobility, strength or dexterity in both arms/hands or legs;
- Less than 15 years old;
- Does not have the ability to read or understand printed or graphic instructions related to emergency evacuation;
- Does not have sufficient visual capacity to perform applicable functions without the assistance of visual aids beyond contact lenses or eyeglasses;
- Does not have sufficient aural capacity to hear and understand instructions by cabin crewmembers without assistance beyond a hearing aid;
- Does not have the ability to convey information orally to other passengers;
- Has the responsibility of caring for small children;
- Deportees or their escorts;
- Traveling with service animals (ex: guide dog);
- A passenger with baggage carried on another seat;
- With any condition that might cause bodily harm if performing any of the functions above.
If you have been assigned an exit seat, you may be asked to perform the following functions when a cabin crewmember is not available:
- Be able to locate the emergency exit;
- Be able to recognize the emergency exit opening mechanism and the operation instructions;
- Be able to read and understand the instructions for operating the emergency exit, follow hand signals and oral directions given by crewmembers
- Be able to stow or secure the emergency exit door so that it will not obstruct use of the exit;
- Be able to activate and stabilize the slide after deployment to assist others in getting off the slide;
- Be able to assess, select, and follow a safe path away from the emergency exit and aircraft. Be willing to help other passengers away from the plane.
If you cannot or do not wish to perform these functions, please inform a ground staff or cabin crewmember to be reseated. Your compliance with the regulations and assistance to cabin safety will be highly appreciated.
EVA AIR only provides the service for flights departing from Taoyuan International airport, Taiwan.
- For calls made from within the United States, by telephone via the Toll-Free-Hotline for Air Travelers with Disabilities at 1-800-778-4838 (voice) or 1-800-455-9880 (TTY),
- By telephone to the Aviation Consumer Protection Division at 202-366-2220 (voice) or 202-366-0511 (TTY),
- By mail to the Air Consumer Protection Division, C-75, U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE., West Building, Room W-96-432, Washington, DC20590,
- On the Aviation Consumer Protection Division's Web site.
Yes. EVA Air now offers a check-in service for some return flights.
If you depart from Taipei, Kaohsiung, Hong Kong or Macau and have a return flight departing within 48 hours, you will receive the boarding passes for both sectors when you check in for your first flight. If you have baggage to check in, please do so at least one hour before your scheduled departure.
You are entitled to access the VIP lounge with following qualifications:
- Premium Royal/Premium Laurel/Business Class passengers
- Infinity MileageLands Diamond Card members
- Infinity MileageLands Gold Card members
- Infinity MileageLands Silver Card members
(Note: Silver Card members traveling with any EVA Air’s international flights can access EVA Air VIP Lounge at TPE/BKK.; Silver Card members holding Evergreen Deluxe Class / Elite Class ticket or with confirmed upgrading reservation can access EVA Air VIP Lounge worldwide. )
Facilities and Service at EVA's Showcase Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport EVA Air Lounge
- The Garden:for EVA AIR Infiniy MileageLands Diamond Card members.
The Infinity:for EVA AIR Infinity MileageLands Diamond Card members, EVA AIR Royal Laurel/Premium Laurel/Business Class, Star Alliance Airlines First/ Business Class passengers.
The Star:for EVA AIR Infinity MileageLands Gold Card members, Star Alliance Gold Card members.
The Club:for EVA AIR Infiniy MileageLands Silver Card members
- Open Times: 05:30 ~ 23:30
- Amenities and Services -
- Business Center (Personal Computers, High-Speed Internet Access, Fax Machines, Telephones)
- Luggage-Check Room
- Private VIP or conference rooms
- Nursery or Child Care Room
- Lounge Guest Telephone
- Drinks, Snacks and Desserts
- Magazines, Newspapers,
- Passengers will be charged a fee to use some facilities and services.
- A flight ticket
You must possess a complete and valid flight ticket issued by EVA Air, and use it in sequential order. The flight ticket is a contract and shall not be tampered with or modified, or it will be deemed invalid. Note that ticket prices of the same booking class vary depending on the peak/off-season, date of journey and the region where the ticket was purchased. If you breach the usage terms or conditions, EVA Air may request you to make up the difference in the fare in regard to the journey you are making.
- Travel documents
You must possess a valid passport to travel overseas, and some countries also request a minimum validity period for the visitors’ passports, which is six months in most cases. Besides the passport, make sure beforehand that you have the entry visa and quarantine certificate(s) required by the country you leave, enter or stop over in. Failure to produce these travel documents may cause you to be denied entry to, or deported from, the destination country. EVA Air and our handling agents will not be liable in any way for any consequences arising out of your not having the require or valid travel documents.
- Checked baggage and carry-on baggage
Please make sure a luggage tag that has the correct English-language information is attached to all of your baggage. Name tags are available free of charge at EVA Air check-in counters in every airport. Baggage exceeding the free baggage allowance specified on your flight ticket will be subject to a surcharge. Please notify the check-in staff of your continuing flights, if any, as the baggage can, in most cases, be delivered directly to your destination. Considering the facilities of passenger cabin and flight safety, carry-on baggage is limited in quantity, size and weight. When necessary, your baggage may be subject to inspection by the Customs or government officials.
- Make sure the information on the boarding pass (e.g., your name, flight number, destination, etc.) is correct.
- Make sure you have received the correct receipt for checked baggage, with all the baggage delivered to your destination.
- Make sure you have retrieved all the travel documents and flight ticket.
- Complete the other required procedures, such as paying the airport tax and service charge.
- Always arrive at the boarding gate in advance of your flight.
- Please contact the EVA Air staff at the airport for assistance with a flight transfer.
- In principle, your checked baggage will be directly delivered from the starting terminal where the seat selection process takes place, straight to the destination terminal of your confirmed continuing flight. Nevertheless, please note that customs and quarantine
regulations in some countries request that checked baggage delivered directly to the destination shall clear customs at the terminal of the transfer flight.
- A passenger traveling solely on EVA Air for the whole journey usually receives all of the boarding passes at the starting point.
- EVA Air offers assistance to passengers traveling with young children, children traveling alone, the mentally or physically challenged, or any other passenger who needs help regarding flight transfer.
You can check in up to 1 hour before your flight departs.
You may ask any EVA Air service agent for help.
This service is available to almost all EVA Air passengers departing from the Taiwan International Airport. The following passenger is unavailable to use the check-in kiosks:
- Stretcher passenger,
- Oxygen passenger,
- Passengers under the age of 16 who are traveling unaccompanied,
- Group travel passengers, bookings of 6 or more passengers in one single booking reference,
- Passengers traveling with infant(s)....etc.
The self check-in service provides at airports in Taoyuan, Sung Shan, Taichung and Kaohsiung. Hello Kitty kiosk is only served at Terminal 2 of Taoyan International Airport.
Yes, passengers can go to the express counter for check-in baggage after self check-in service.
You may use them daily from 05:30 to 22:30.