Privacy & Security Statement
EVA AIR is committed to protecting your privacy.
You are encouraged to know all your rights about using the services of this website provided by EVA Airways Corporation (hereinafter ‘the Company’ or ‘EVA AIR’). EVA AIR hereby makes the following statement in accordance with Article 8 of the Personal Information
Protection Act, which includes the guidelines we use for protecting the information you provide us during a visit to our web-site.
Purposes for collecting personal information
EVA AIR collects personal information for the following purposes: flight booking process, establishment of ticket-related data, ticketing notice, issue of itinerary, transportation management, consumer/passenger services and management, membership services
and management, product marketing, and statistical surveys and analyses (statutory specific purpose items: Nos. 003, 029, 040, 052, 064, 077, 090, 148, 157 and 168) in order to elevate service quality and strengthen personalized services.
Methods for collecting personal information
EVA AIR will collect passengers’ personal information through the following means:
- Infinity MileageLands membership application;
- Online booking;
- Online shopping;
- Online services (meal selection, check-in, filling out the arrival/departure records as required by the U.S. government, etc.);
- Short message service subscriptions;
- Online activities
- EVASION tour package
- Liaison regarding flight booking, ticketing, membership services, customers’ opinion survey, etc.;
- Process of services at the EVA AIR ticketing counters;
- Airport operation procedure;
Categories of personal information collected
Through the above collection methods, the types of personal information EVA AIR collects may include:
- C001: Personal identifiers, including but not limited to: name, job title, home address, work address, previous addresses, home phone numbers, cell phone numbers, instant messaging accounts, online platform accounts, mailing and registered addresses, photographs,
fingerprints, email addresses, electronic signatures, personal certificate card numbers, digital certificate numbers, records of online identification/queries, or any other information for identifying a person;
- C002: Identifiers of personal finance, including but not limited to: account numbers/names with financial institutes, credit/debit card numbers, insurance policy numbers, or any other number or account regarding personal finance;
- C003: Identifiers issued by government agencies, including but not limited to: Personal I.D. card number, ROC Uniform ID number, taxpayer ID number, insurance certificate number, disabled certificate number, retiree certificate number, license numbers,
passport number, etc.;
- C011: Personal details, including but not limited to: age, gender, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, voice, etc.;
- C023: Details of the member’s family members, including but not limited to: information about the children, dependents, other members in the family or relatives, parents, cohabiters, or relatives living in China and elsewhere;
- C031: Residence and housing facilities, including but not limited to: home address, equipment types, house ownership or tenancy, duration of residence, rents, taxes and the other housing costs, types and value of housing, the owner’s name, etc.;
- C034: Travel and other migration details, including but not limited to: details about previous migrations/travels, passports of foreign countries, residence certificates, work permits, etc.;
- C035: Leisure activities and hobbies, including but not limited to: hobbies, sports and the other interests;
- C038: Occupations, including but not limited to: school principals/presidents, parliamentary representatives, etc.;
- C094: Compensations, including but not limited to: the details and amount of compensation/claims;
- C111: Health records, including but not limited to medical reports, treatment and diagnostic records, physical exam results, types and levels of disabilities, expiry date and number of disabled certificate, contact persons, etc.
- C132: Uncategorized information, including but not limited to: correspondence, files, reports or electronic mails that cannot be categorized.
If you cannot provide the personal information required by the respective service scope, it is possible that we may not be able to complete part or all of the services and/or transactions you requested.
Time, regions, targets and methods of using the personal information collected
- Time: During EVA Air’s operating period
- Regions: Passengers’ personal information will be used by EVA AIR’s business offices worldwide for providing relevant services.
- Targets and methods:
- Passenger’s personal information may be used by the Company, its contractors, agencies and/or business partners to offer services that include, but are not limited to: general/online reservations, online shopping, online check-in, text-messaging, online
events and membership rewards programs. The data will also serve as a basis for statistical surveys/analyses that will facilitate the provision of the services mentioned above.
- For the presentation and marketing of products, including the services and products of the Company and/or of a third-party contract partner.
- The personal information you provide is processed via computerized instruments, with the required data transmitted internationally to the Company and its contractors, agencies, immigration authorities of the arrival country and business partners, for the
- When you book or purchase peripheral services (e.g. car rental, accommodation, or other travel related products) through the EVA AIR web-site, as the process may be completed through a third-party transaction platform, hence the personal information you
input may be collected by suppliers of related travel products for subsequent service provision.
- We promise that, without your consent, we will neither disclose your personal information to a third party irrelevant to the named service nor use it for any purpose other than that aforementioned, with the following exceptions: Your personal information
may be disclosed, or used, in cooperation with legal investigations initiated by judicial authorities or authorities concerned as per duties and responsibilities.
- Passenger’s personal information may be used by the Company, its contractors, agencies and/or business partners to offer services that include, but are not limited to: general/online reservations, online shopping, online check-in, text-messaging, online events and membership rewards programs. The data will also serve as a basis for statistical surveys/analyses that will facilitate the provision of the services mentioned above.
Other important information
Member’s personal information may be supplied to the Company’s co-branded card issuers, namely Citibank Taiwan and American Express International (Taiwan) Inc.
- Purpose: to inform members of marketing/promotional events and special offerings concerning the co-branded cards.
- The personal information supplied includes: Chinese/English full name, gender, I.D. Card number, membership card number/type, year of birth, telephone number, mobile phone number and home address.
- Time period: within the period of existence of the contractual relationship between the Company and co-branded card issuers, or the record retention period stipulated by relevant regulations, or according to the terms and conditions of the co-branded card
- Targets and regions: the co-branded card issuers’ Taiwan offices and locations of their contractors for handling related affairs.
- Methods: the collection, processing, international transmission and use of personal information in accordance with the regulations of the Personal Information Protection Act (such as digital files, paper documents, phone, or any other method considered
fit for dominant technologies at the time of data collection)
Passenger's rights to his/her personal information
Anyone who voluntarily provides the Company with his/her personal information is entitled to the following rights according to the Personal Information Protection Act:
- make an enquiry or request reviewing the information
- request a copy of the information
- request supplementation or corrections
- request stopping of data collection, handling or utilization
- request deletion (this may lead to our inability to process or answer your case or other service requests)
- You can exercise any of the aforementioned rights through the Company’s website or business offices worldwide; your request will be handled as soon as your identity is verified.
- If you provide incorrect or incomplete personal information, such as a nickname, which prevents us from verifying your real identity, we might be unable to uphold your privacy rights (i.e., the rights with regard to inquiry and request for viewing of the
personal information, as stated in Article 3 of the Personal Information Act).
Collection of information through 'Cookies'
However, a cookie will only identify the use of the computer other than the user. Therefore, you can configure your browser to not accept cookies if you choose, however, if you disable your cookies, you will not have access to certain personalized features
or participate in all of the activities on the web-site.
Keeping our commitment:
- To provide you with the personalized services and invite you to participate in all of the activities on the web-site.
- To identify your web preferences for us to help provide you with better services.
Collection of E-mail Address
EVA AIR will follow the guidelines for “Collection of Personal Information” in using the e-mail addresses obtained to deliver information relevant to our customers, including a wide range of services and special privileges, and will make known on the e-mail
that it is sent by the Company.
Please safeguard your personal information. Do not supply your personal information to others. To prevent others from collecting and abusing your personal information, DO remember to log out of the site when you complete a transaction (incl. Internet reservation,
shopping, member contact or other data change), and close the window before you leave the site if you share a computer with others.
Modification of the Privacy & Security Statement
EVA AIR reserves the right to change these guidelines and disclaimers at any time, and the content presented on this page is considered to be the latest version. Should a huge modification to our Privacy & Security statement occur, we will post those changes
on our website so that you are aware of the changes.
In order to protect yourself in the Cyber world, you should validate whether or not the website you're visiting is indeed a legitimate website. EVA AIR website (www.evaair.com) is a secure site with a Cybertrust server Digital ID, which enables secure communications
between your browser and our website.
Transaction and Data Encryption
EVA AIR protects passenger transaction and privacy information with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, an industry standard for encrypting over the Internet, where text will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched
over the Internet.
Governing Law and Settlement of Disputes
Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this website shall be referred to and resolved by Taiwan Taoyuan District Court, R.O.C.
Please contact us if you have any questions and comments regarding our Privacy and Security Statement.