Payment by Non-passengers
If you used a credit card to purchase a ticket online for another passenger and you will not be traveling with that passenger, then you must complete our credit card verification procedure. If you cannot meet the requirements of our verification procedure, then you may have to buy another ticket.
Credit card verification procedure
- Present the credit card at an EVA Air city office during business hours at least 48 hours before scheduled flight departure and sign an Indemnity of Payment form.
- Alternatively, present the credit card at the EVA Air check-in counter at the airport at least one hour before scheduled departure and sign an Indemnity of Payment form. (Note: In view of the time limit and because check-in may be handled by a contracted company unfamiliar with our procedures, we suggest that you contact an EVA Air city office in advance to make sure someone is available to help you.)
You will need to bring these items with you when you sign the Indemnity of Payment form:
- Your passport or other legally acceptable photo ID (such as a driver’s license) that bears the same name as the credit card.
- A printout of the confirmation e-mail sent to you when you purchased your ticket online (EVA Air Electronic Ticket Receipt).
- If your credit card transaction has been successfully authorized through Verified by Visa or MasterCard® SecureCode or American Express SafeKey® or JCB J/Secure, you will NOT be required to present the credit card upon check-in at the airport. In addition, the cardholder does NOT need to be one of the travel companions.(However, if you have only entered the 3- (or 4-) digit card verification code on the back (or front) of the credit card, then you will still be required to present your credit card at the airport.) For any abnormal credit card transaction upon purchasing, an email will be sent to the email address provided as notification of the transaction error. We have the right to request the passenger/credit card holder to present the credit card used upon purchasing or the passenger/credit card holder may be requested to pay the flight ticket in cash before taking the flight.