EVA AIR is committed to protecting your privacy.
You are encouraged to know all your rights about using the services of this website provided by EVA Airways Corporation (hereinafter ‘the Company’ or ‘EVA AIR’). EVA AIR hereby makes the following statement in accordance with Article 8 of the Personal Information Protection Act and Article 7 of General Data Protection Regulation, which includes the guidelines we use for protecting the information you provide us during a visit to our web-site.
Purposes for collecting personal information
EVA AIR collects personal information for the following purposes: flight booking process, establishment of ticket-related data, ticketing notice, issue of itinerary, transportation management, consumer/passenger/membership services and management, irregular handling with payment issues, baggage claims, product marketing, online shopping, additional purchase, service, online advertising and statistical surveys and analyses in order to elevate service quality and strengthen personalized services.
To safeguard your rights and interests, the personal information which you have provided us will be verified against that of a third-party agency to facilitate transaction security and prevent your credit card from being fraudulently used by others.
Methods for collecting personal information
EVA AIR will collect passengers’ personal information through the following means:
- Infinity MileageLands membership application;
- Online booking and other pre-paid services
- Taiwan High Speed Rail’s additional purchase service
- Online shopping, inflight shopping, refund and after service;
- Online services (meal selection, check-in, filling out the arrival/departure records as required by the U.S. government, etc.);
- Short message service subscriptions;
- Online activities/Advertising
- EVASION tour package
- Liaison regarding flight booking, ticketing, membership services, customers’ opinion survey, etc.;
- Process of services at the EVA AIR ticketing counters;
- Airport operation procedure;
The conditions listed in Article 9, paragraph 2 of General Data Protection Regulation are not limited to this.
Categories of personal information collected
Through the above collection methods, the types of personal information EVA AIR collects may include:
- C001: Personal identifiers, including but not limited to: name, job title, home address, work address, previous addresses, home phone numbers, cell phone numbers, instant messaging accounts, online platform accounts, mailing and registered addresses, photographs, fingerprints, email addresses, electronic signatures, personal certificate card numbers, digital certificate numbers, records of online identification/queries, IP addresses, Cookies or any other information for identifying a person;
- C002: Identifiers of personal finance, including but not limited to: account numbers/names with financial institutes, credit/debit card numbers, insurance policy numbers, or any other number or account regarding personal finance;
- C003: Identifiers issued by government agencies, including but not limited to: Personal I.D. card number, ROC Uniform ID number, taxpayer ID number, insurance certificate number, disabled certificate number, retiree certificate number, license numbers, passport number, etc.;
- C011: Personal details, including but not limited to: age, gender, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, voice, etc.;
- C023: Details of the member’s family members, including but not limited to: information about the children, dependents, other members in the family or relatives, parents, cohabiters, or relatives living in China and elsewhere;
- C031: Residence and housing facilities, including but not limited to: home address, equipment types, house ownership or tenancy, duration of residence, rents, taxes and the other housing costs, types and value of housing, the owner’s name, etc.;
- C034: Travel and other migration details, including but not limited to: details about previous migrations/travels, passports of foreign countries, residence certificates, work permits, etc.;
- C035: Leisure activities and hobbies, including but not limited to: hobbies, sports and the other interests;
- C038: Occupations, including but not limited to: school principals/presidents, parliamentary representatives, etc.;
- C094: Compensations, including but not limited to: the details and amount of compensation/claims;
- C111: Health records, including but not limited to medical reports, treatment and diagnostic records, physical exam results, types and levels of disabilities, expiry date and number of disabled certificate, contact persons, etc.
- C132: Uncategorized information, including but not limited to: correspondence, files, reports, audio recordings or electronic mails that cannot be categorized.
If you cannot provide the personal information required by the respective service scope, it is possible that we may not be able to complete part or all of the services and/or transactions you requested.
Time, regions, targets and methods of using the personal information collected
- Time: The period of use of the personal data mentioned above is based on the duration of collection of the specified purpose, or as determined by relevant laws (e.g. civil law, personal data protection law, etc.) or the period of preservation necessary for the execution of the business (elderly than the period prescribed by the law) or on a contractual basis. The length of time for the contract to preserve the data.
- Regions: Passengers’ personal information will be used by EVA AIR’s business offices worldwide for providing relevant services.
- Targets and methods:
- Targets and methods: In addition to applying the collected personal information in ticket purchase, EVA Air will also use the information in the following areas:
- Ticketing notice, Certificate of Ticket Issuance, Receipt, Invoice, fare information, purchasing information and online related services, etc.
- Financial transactions and authorization: the finance-related information provided by passengers in their ticket or all kind of ancillary services purchase will be submitted to respective financial institution in the ticket purchase process (e.g. for credit card authorization or bank transfer) before completing a ticket purchase.
- Travel and order reminder, App and text messaging services: EVA Air will send flight-related and order information to the e-mail address and/or mobile phone No. provided by passengers.
- Passenger’s personal information may be used by the Company, its contractors, agencies, subsidiaries, associated companies, group, and/or business partners to offer services that include, but are not limited to: general/online reservations, local transportation service, online shopping, online check-in, text-messaging, online events, social activities, membership rewards programs and various types of activities. The data will also serve as a basis for statistical surveys/analyses that will facilitate the provision of the services mentioned above.
- For the presentation and marketing of products and advertisement, including the services and products of the Company and/or of a third-party contract partner, and the Company’s contractors, agencies, subsidiaries, associated companies, group and/or business partners.
- When you book or purchase peripheral services (e.g. car rental, local transportation, accommodation, or other travel related products) through the EVA AIR web-site, EVA AIR mobile web, the EVA Sky Shop web-site and the EVA Sky Shop App, as the process may be completed through a third-party transaction platform, hence the personal information and the finance-related information you input may be collected by suppliers of related travel products for subsequent service provision.
We promise that, without your consent, we will neither disclose your personal information to a third party irrelevant to the named service nor use it for any purpose other than that aforementioned, with the following exceptions: Your personal information may be disclosed, or used, in cooperation with legal investigations initiated by judicial authorities or authorities concerned as per duties and responsibilities.
Other important information
- Member’s personal information may be supplied to the Company’s co-branded card issuers.
- Purpose: to inform members of marketing/promotional events and special offerings concerning the co-branded cards.
- The personal information supplied includes: Chinese/English full name, gender, I.D. Card number, membership card number/type, year of birth, telephone number, mobile phone number and home address.
- Time period: within the period of existence of the contractual relationship between the Company and co-branded card issuers, or the record retention period stipulated by relevant regulations, or according to the terms and conditions of the co-branded card issuers.
- Targets and regions: the co-branded card issuers and locations of their contractors for handling related affairs.
- Methods: the collection, processing, all kinds of international transmission and use of personal information in accordance with the regulations of the Personal Information Protection Act (such as digital files, paper documents, phone, or any other method considered fit for dominant technologies at the time of data collection)
Personal data of passengers will be provided to local transportation, accommodation and other service providers.
- Purpose: To provide passengers with purchases of additional or compensational services.
- The personal data provided including Chinese and English names, genders, ID numbers, and booking references (PNR).
- Period: The duration of the relationship between the passenger and the relevant service provider, or the length of the retention period in accordance with the relevant laws or regulations of the joint organization.
- Target and area: The location of the manufacturers or service providers that EVA AIR is commissioned to handle the business.
- Method: Comply with the collection, processing, and various types of cross border transmission and use of personal data protection laws (e.g., use of electronic documents, paper documents, telephone, or other appropriate means of integration with the then-scientific technology).
Passenger's rights to his/her personal information
Anyone who voluntarily provides the Company with his/her personal information is entitled to the following rights according to the Personal Information Protection Act:
- make an enquiry or request reviewing the information
- request a copy of the information
- request supplementation or corrections
- request stopping of data collection, handling or utilization
- request restriction of processing
- request restriction of automated decision-making, including profiling
- request deletion (this may lead to our inability to process or answer your case or other service requests)
- request of data portability
- You can exercise any of the aforementioned rights through the Company’s website or business offices worldwide; your request will be handled as soon as your identity is verified.
- If you provide incorrect or incomplete personal information, such as a nickname, which prevents us from verifying your real identity, we might be unable to uphold your privacy rights (i.e., the rights with regard to inquiry and request for viewing of the personal information, as stated in Article 3 of the Personal Information Act).
Collection of information through 'Cookies'
Keeping our commitment:
- To provide you with the personalized transaction and all kinds of services and invite you to participate in all of the activities on the web-site.
- To identify your web preferences for us to help provide you with better services.
Information about the cookies we use
- Essential Cookie - Essential cookies are essential for the operation of our website that will let you move around our website freely and use functions on the websites. These cookies don’t gather your personal identifiable information that could be used for marketing and are not disclosed to any third party.
- Functional cookies – Functional cookies are used to remember choices you make and improve functionality and your personal features. For example, remember the settings you have applied.
- Performance cookies - Performance cookies help us to improve the performance and user experience of our website. Performance cookies collect information about which pages visitors go to most often, and if your experience any errors.
- Advertising Cookies - In order to provide you with the most relevant information about our services and products, we use Advertising cookies to enable us and our advertising agencies to serve you with advertising campaigns that we believe are relevant to you and your interests. You might see these advertisements on the websites of EVA Air and on other sites you visit.
Use of third-party cookies
We place third-party tracking code on the website, where a short text is written on the user’s hard disk through the browser to read cookies for the following usage:
- Determine and track visitor volume linked from third-party website’s online advertisement to our website
- Track the usage of our website
- Put the promotion information or advertisement of products searched by the user.
EVA AIR partners advertising networks, Google and Criteo, to capture non-personally identifiable data from you through third-party cookies. This enables Google and Criteo to display targeted and relevant messages from selected third-party websites, based on your viewing behavior on the EVA AIR websites and other selected websites.
Your non-personally identifiable data is shared by EVA AIR with Google and Criteo in the strictest confidence, for the unique purpose of serving more relevant advertising. Standards have been defined to ensure appropriate advertising is served, and all served relevant advertisements offer the possibility for you to opt out of such selective advertising by Google and Criteo.
Cookie management and browser settings
Most computers and mobile devices browsers are typically set up to accept cookies. If you do not consent to our use of cookie and wish to disable the cookies which are set by EVA Air websites, or any other website, you can do this by changing your browser settings. You can find out how to amend your cookie preference in the help function of your browser.
If you choose to withhold consent and block cookies, you may not be able to access all or part of our websites. For find out more about cookies and how to manage and delete them, you can also visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Collection of IP Address
An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label assigned to each device participating in internet that uses the Internet Protocol for communication. When you access our website and mobile services, we collect your IP address. We store this information to help us manage security, analyze how our website and mobile services interact with you and do the product marketing and advertisement. We also use IP address to block the visitor, who is unable to comply with the terms of service, from accessing to our website and mobile services.
Collection of E-mail Address
EVA AIR will follow the guidelines for “Collection of Personal Information” in using the e-mail addresses obtained to deliver information relevant to our customers, including transaction information, services and special privileges, various information notice of Infinity MileageLands such as mileage statement, card tier expired or mileage expired letter, notice of special privileges for member only, etc. and will make known on the e-mail that it is sent by the Company. Our email may contain electronic images known as Web Beacons that allow us to know whether and how many times, our email are opend and verify any click through to links within the email. The Web Beacons will be delete when you delete the email.
Data profiling and automated decision-making
Marketing activities of EVA AIR and its affiliates or service providers target specific information for users who make reservations through EVA AIR. Including the total amount of the transaction and the system generated booking reference and travel itinerary, IP. We will use this information to observe the effectiveness of our marketing activities and may send this information to our partners for similar purposes. The third-party service provider organizes and reports on the collected information to provide better and more personalized transactions and various services.
- To understand the habits of tourists, travelers, and members, as a reference for placing relevant marketing campaign information.
- To unsubscribe the marketing/promotional message delivery, please visit the EVA AIR web-site to inquire about the relevant means or contact local service center.
Please safeguard your personal information, additional services and all kinds of online services. Do not supply your personal information to others. To prevent others from collecting and abusing your personal information, DO remember to log out of the site when you complete a transaction (incl. Internet reservation, shopping, member contact or other data change), and close the window before you leave the site if you share a computer with others.
Modification of the Privacy & Security Statement
EVA AIR reserves the right to change these guidelines and disclaimers at any time, and the content presented on this page is considered to be the latest version. Should a huge modification to our Privacy & Security statement occur, we will post those changes on our website so that you are aware of the changes. The company also regularly reviews privacy protection/security statements to comply with relevant laws and regulations.
In order to protect yourself in the Cyber world, you should validate whether or not the website you're visiting is indeed a legitimate website. EVA Air website (www.evaair.com), EVA Sky Shop web-site (www.shopeva.com) and EVA Air mobile website (m.evaair.com) are secure site with the GeoTrust server Digital ID – of which enable secure communications between your browser and our website.
Transaction and Data Encryption
EVA AIR protects passenger transaction and privacy information with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, an industry standard for encrypting over the Internet, where text will be automatically encrypted before being securely dispatched over the Internet.
Governing Law and Settlement of Disputes
Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this website shall be referred to and resolved by Taiwan Taoyuan District Court, R.O.C.
Please contact us if you have any questions and comments regarding our Privacy and Security Statement.