Information for Ticketing and Reservation
Make plans now to travel with EVA and enjoy our courteous and accommodating service.
- Reservations can be made from 3-7 hours (depending on the route) to 360 days before departure. Upon completion of the booking, a reservation reference number and ticket number will be generated automatically by the system.
- Each transaction can only purchase a total of 9 tickets (not including infant tickets) and must contain at least 1 adult (over 16 years old), each adult may only bring 1 infant (An infant does not occupy a seat, and must be under the age of 2 while traveling.) and 1 child, or at most 3 children. Please contact our reservation and ticketing staff if you wish to book a child or infant ticket only.
- For wait-list bookings and itineraries with open dates, please contact our reservation office.
- Mainland China passport holders who wish to take direct flights between Mainland China and Taiwan, or onward to other destinations with connecting flights in Taiwan, must obtain a valid travel document and visa that qualifies them for admission to Taiwan. EVA Air and UNI Air are not responsible for passengers who fail to obtain the proper documentation prior to travel. Failure to do so may result in denied boarding and additional costs.
- If no portion of this ticket is used, the ticket validity is one year from the date of issue, unless any special conditions are specified in the "FARE APPLICATION PERIOD" column.
- You are required to present the credit card used to purchase the ticket during check-in at the airport. For identification at the check-in counter, you must use a credit card with the card number and name stamped into it. You are required to input your first name and last name exactly as displayed on the credit card. Passengers who fail to do so will be denied boarding unless they purchase a full-fare ticket at the airport ticket counter.
- If you, as the credit card holder, will not be among the travel party, you must present your credit card to EVA Air and sign an indemnity form. This can be done in one of two ways.
- Visit any EVA Air office during business hours and at least 48 hours before the passenger's scheduled departure. You must bring your credit card and sign an Indemnity of Payment form.
- Visit the EVA Air counter at the airport at least one hour before scheduled departure. You must bring your credit card and sign an Indemnity of Payment form.
- If your credit card transaction has been successfully authorized through VISA SECURE or MasterCard ID Check™ or American Express SafeKey® or JCB J/Secure, you will NOT be required to present the credit card upon check-in at the airport. In addition, the cardholder does NOT need to be one of the travel companions.(However, if you have only entered the 3- (or 4-) digit card verification code on the back (or front) of the credit card, then you will still be required to present your credit card at the airport.) For any abnormal credit card transactions that occur when purchasing, an email will be sent to the email address provided as a notification of the transaction error. We have the right to request the passenger/credit card holder to present the credit card used upon purchasing or the passenger/credit card holder may be requested to pay the flight ticket in cash before taking the flight.
- With effect from March 2, 2021, to ensure the security of your transaction with credit card, 3DS will be mandatory procedure for online purchase via EVA web/EVA Mobile App (VISA SECURE or MasterCard ID Check™ or American Express Safekay® or JCB J/Secure). To avoid transaction failure, please contact your bank for complete information about 3DS payment service before making a purchase.
- There are travel taxes and fees that may be required in addition to your ticket fare. Most of these are set by government authorities or airport operators at arrival and departure points. These taxes and additional charges may be included or excluded in ticket fares, and you may also be required to pay additional taxes or travel charges upon arrival or departure at an airport.
Form of payment
Passengers can book online using the following payment methods. Options may be vary in different departure markets. Please see the Payment page for more details.
- Master Card
- American Express
Notes: To be accepted, your credit card must have the card number and card holder’s name stamped onto it. Please type your first and last names exactly as they appear on the credit card. (Due to system limitations, EVA Air will no longer accept anonymous prepaid card payments.)
Other Methods of Payment:
- PayPal (note 1)
- Union Pay
- Alipay (note 2)
Note 1: In compliance with laws and regulations, all PayPal accounts registered in Taiwan are temporarily suspended as forms of payment.
- Please register for Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode if your card issuer offers these online security features.
- If you are using a debit card issued in China, please make sure the issuing bank has authorized the card for online use.
- To prevent unauthorized card use, we support Visa / Mastercard with Verified by Visa or MasterCard's Secure Codes only. We cannot accept VISA/Mastercard corporate cards.
Changes and Refund
- Any changes in your travel date or routing are subject to applicable fare rules/conditions, in addition to seat availability, and passengers need to contact one of our ticketing offices in advance to make the necessary changes. Otherwise the booking or ticket may not be accepted upon check-in at the airport and the passenger may have to purchase a new ticket for travel on the desired dates and routing.
- Names cannot be changed. If a ticketed passenger will not be traveling, please apply for a ticket refund. To minimize inconvenience to our passengers, we must confirm the accuracy of all the passenger information we are given. If you are an Infinity MileageLands member, please be sure your name appears on Infinity MileageLands membership materials in the same way it is shown on your passport. Use your name as it appears on these documents to make your online bookings and ensure that all your mileage credits are accumulated.
- Our EVA online system provides booking, buying, ticketing, booking inquiries, refund applications, and refund inquiry services. To make any changes in the flights you have booked, you will need to contact our ticketing offices. (If your ticket was purchased from the EVA AIR website or mobile app, please use the function of Change Date/Flights on the EVA website to change your booking). The refund will be promptly processed once we receive your refund request. Any applicable refund service charge and No-Show fee will be deducted from the amount refunded. We'll process your refund back to the original credit card within 7 working days (it should appear on your statement in 1-2 billing cycles). For cash and check purchases, we’ll process your refund within 20 working days after receiving a complete refund request.
For tickets originating from Mainland China, the refunds will be processed and credit back to the original form of payment within 7 days of the request. The actual timing of the refund amount posted to your account depends on the process of your financial institution.
- If your original ticket has been reissued, the refund application will be unable to process. Please contact the EVA local ticketing counter to apply for a refund.
Personal Information Collection Statement for Internet Ticket Purchase
- If you have already purchased the ticket on the EVA website and your flights are on EVA Air, you can make seat assignments online. Online seat selection is available up to 12 hours before your scheduled flight departure. Passengers who have used our advance seat selection service are requested to complete check-in procedures at least one hour before their flight is scheduled to depart. EVA Air may adjust seats other than those that have been pre-selected by passengers for flight changes or airport operating requirements.
- Special meals are available to passengers for age, medical, dietary, or religious reasons, you can book special meal at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure (some special meals must be booked at least 72 hours prior to flight departure) . Special meal orders for other airlines cannot be guaranteed and if the special meal you require is not listed in our meal list online, please contact our reservation office.
- Note: Services and amenities may vary across different cabins and routes.
- You are no longer required to reconfirm onward or return flights if the following conditions are met: (1) the ticketed passenger travels in accordance with his/her confirmed itinerary, and (2) local contact information for each stopover on your itinerary and the turnaround destination are provided in advance. However, if there has been any change in your plans, please reconfirm your reservation; once you ‘no show’ your confirmed itinerary, your onward/return flight will be canceled.