Baggage means such articles, effects and other personal property of a passenger as are necessary or appropriate for wear, use, comfort or convenience in connection with a trip. Unless otherwise specified, it shall include both checked and unchecked baggage. We recommend that you pack your belongings in proper suitcases to avoid damage to your luggage or its contents during its transportation. Please refer to the information as follows:
- In order to prevent baggage handlers from getting hurt and troubles at some airports, we suggest that your checked baggage do not exceed 23kg (50lb), otherwise you may be asked to repack, transfer some of your belongings into different bag or pay excess baggage fee. Bags over 32kg (70lb) must be repacked because they are too heavy for handler to lift.
- Some special items over 32kg (70lb) such as medical equipment, pets, musical instruments, sporting equipment, camera equipment or household items should be pre-advised to EVA Air Reservation office and get approval at least 48 hours ahead of departure.
- Before accepting delivery, you may be asked to provide photos of the items before and after packing. Remind you EVA Air reserves the right to refuse carriage of such items on board the aircraft. Please aware that the weight limit restriction refers to a single item and will not affect the baggage allowance or excess baggage fee of your trip.
- Baggage should be delivered as CARGO only when the total dimensions are over 292 cm(115 in) or weight over 45 kg (100 lb). However, special baggage such as pets, mobility aids, musical instruments, sports equipment and performance equipment or, etc. which cannot be repacked will comply other baggage regulations. Please contact EVA Air Reservation Office.
- Before accepting the delivery of the item, you may be asked to provide photos of the item before and after packaging. Remind you EVA Air reserves the right to refuse carriage of such items on board the aircraft.
- Please aware that the weight limit restriction refers to a single item will not affect the baggage allowance or excess baggage fee of your trip.
- At the check-in counter, please make sure that your baggage is tagged to the correct flight and destination. The numbers of baggage receipt and your checked baggage should be identical as well.
All checked baggage must be screening by X-ray. Such security check can be performed either before or after a passenger has finished the check-in process. If this is done beforehand, the passenger will be requested to stand by at the X-ray checkpoint until his/her baggage is clear. If the passenger is not present at the checkpoint, the baggage could be opened for inspection or deny for transportation without passenger’s consent. According to Paragraph 1, Article 105 of Taiwan’s Civil Aviation Act, spreading any false message regarding aviation safety will be against the law and cause inconvenience for your journey.
Please remember that a name tag in English format will be helpful if your baggage is lost. It will speed up the airline's ability to locate your baggage. For your convenience, EVA offers blank name tags at the check-in counter for free. You will take sole responsibility for items’ lost and damage if is packed in carton boxes or paper shopping bags. Please do not pack fragile articles, valuable items, important document, medicines, and keys. Airline assumes no liability for loss, damage or delay to certain articles during delivery.
EVA Air’s liability is limited for loss of, damage to, or delay in delivery of any perishable property and baggage with inadequate packing, nor for damage to or damage caused by fragile articles, liquids, or perishables. EVA Air’s liability for the following items is also limited in accordance with the relevant convention governing international air travel: medicines, orthotics (medical support devices), money, jewelry, silverware, negotiable papers, securities, business/personal documents, spirits, books/manuscripts, optics, keys, publications, blueprints, paintings/works of arts, sound reproduction equipment, business samples, artistic items, irreplaceable items, photographs, business equipment, natural fur products, antiques, heirlooms, collectibles, artifacts, precious metals/stones, photographic/audio/video equipment and related items, computer hardware/software and electronic components/equipment…etc. Even though EVA Air does accept the items listed above in checked baggage, EVA Air’s liability may be limited of lost or damages.
Before you pass through immigration, please make sure the following points had been verified:
- You have correct baggage receipt(s).
- Your checked baggage has been tagged to the correct destination.
- Your baggage has been screened by X-ray at a security checkpoint and cleared to proceed (Passengers are required to make sure his/her all check-in baggage through X-ray without any problem, e.g. airports in Taiwan).
EVA Air is authorized to inspect your baggage whether you are present or not during baggage examination and can be refused for transport it if you are absent. Baggage that has passed through security-inspection points will be moved to the aircraft loading area by either an automated baggage-handling system or, in some airports or conditions, by baggage handlers. Most baggage is loaded into a special container that requires it to be stacked. If any attachments such as handles or straps are not properly stored, damage could possibly occur to the baggage during the transportation process. You are encouraged to use appropriate baggage and to remove any unfixed or protruding attachments.
EVA Air and its agents will handle all baggage with diligent care. Please understand that baggage might get stained, dented or scratched under certain circumstances during transportation. To minimize the damage, you may choose to wrap your baggage with plastic-film and do not check-in expensive brand-name baggage.
Starting from today, you can check your baggage status using the EVA Airways app. Log in by entering your Infinity MileageLands membership number or booking code on the app up to an hour prior to flight departure and receive live push notifications of your baggage status. The app will let you know when your baggage has been successfully loaded onboard the aircraft and when you step out of the cabin, you will receive a notification that your baggage has arrived. Currently, this service is only available to passengers traveling on EVA Airways international flights departing from Taoyuan International Airport,Tokyo Narita Airport, Incheon International Airport, Singapore Changi Airport and Vienna International Airport.
Baggage claim areas
Sequence and priority for unloading the baggage is determined by the cabin class and loading position. Please allow 20-60 minutes for your baggage to be delivered to the claim area. To ensure that you don't take someone else's identical or similar appearance baggage by mistake, before you take it from the baggage carousel , please double-check the tag number on the suitcase if is the same as your baggage receipt to avoid troubles (Taipei Customs (Opens in new window)).