- When sporting equipment is checked as normal baggage and exceed your free baggage allowance, you may need to pay excess baggage fee.
- If your sporting equipment has high value, it is recommended that you purchase the baggage insurance before travel, which may provide you with a more comprehensive insurance coverage.
- Clothes or other personal items should not be packed with your sporting goods in the containers.
- Some different regulations and charges apply to special baggage, you can contact EVA Air reservations 48 hours for more details prior to your departure.
Weight Concept: there will be an oversized fee if the length of the bag is over 158 cm
- One bag up to 158cm in length: No charge
- One bag over 158cm in length: Charge USD150
If you fly an Economy class (baggage allowance 30kg), carry 2 pieces of check-in baggage and 1 bag of surfboard (length 160cm), total weight 35kg, you will be charged 5kg for excess baggage and USD150 for the oversized fee.
Piece Concept: there will be a fee if the bag is oversized or/and overweight
If you fly an Economy class and bring:
- One bag (23kg) up to 158cm in length: No charge
- One bag (23kg) over 158cm up to 203cm in length: Charge USD150/CAD190
- One bag (23kg) over 203cm in length : Charge USD300/CAD380
- One bag (26kg) over 203cm in length: Charge USD80/CAD100 +USD300/CAD380=USD380/CAD480
- If you fly a Premium Economy class (baggage allowance 2PC), carry 1 piece of check-in baggage (22kg) and 1 bag of surfboard (length 160cm), you will be charged USD150/CAD190.
- If you fly an Economy class (baggage allowance 2PC), carry 2 pieces of check-in baggage (15kg /21kg) and 1 bag of surfboard (length 210cm), you will be charged 1P plus USD300/CAD380.