Any unchecked items occupying extra seats are charged and considered as Cabin Baggage (CBBG), such as an urn, Buddhist statue, carved statue, musical instruments, or other fragile/valuable items. If you would like to purchase an extra seat for CBBG, please contact the EVA Air Reservation office to provide the type/dimension/weight (after fully packing, and the box cannot be fragile) before your flight departs.
To properly secure your cabin baggage, the following regulations are applied
- Any cabin baggage must have hard packing (e.g. A suitcase) on each side or be packed into a secure and strongbox (with handle(s) is recommended for easy seatbelt fastening). The package material cannot be soft bags (e.g. plastic bags) or be made of glass to avoid any harm to passengers or seats.
- If the CBBG is a non-square shape, such as an idol, Buddha statue, or a vase, etc., it must be packed in a strong box. Please note that the accessories (including headwear etc.) of the statue must be enclosed in a strong box and the content cannot protrude outside the box. Also, all items in the box must not injure passengers during taxiing, takeoff, landing, or if flight turbulence occurs.
- Box with rigid packaging definition: The contents and the packaging will not be damaged or bent out of shape when the CBBG is secured with seat belts.
- One seat can occupy one CBBG only. Each CBBG must not exceed 70kg/154lb per seat and the dimensions (after proper packing) must comply with all requirements. Please click the cabin baggage acceptable dimensions.
- Passengers traveling with a CBBG must book and confirm on EVA Air / UNI Air operated international flights no later than 48 hours prior to flight departure (CBBG online booking is not available).
- There's no free carry-on or checked baggage allowance for cabin baggage. The passenger’s free baggage allowance will remain unchanged.
- Must be assigned an extra seat in the first row behind the partition or the last row in front of the partition by EVA Air Reservation.
- Must be secured in a seat adjacent or nearby to the passenger and comply with all safety regulations.
- Must not change seats for both passengers and baggage during the flight.
- Must not obscure any customer's view of "seatbelt," "no smoking," or "exit" signs.
- Must not contain dangerous goods or other prohibited items.
- Must not endanger the aircraft, persons, or property onboard the aircraft.
- Must identify yourself at the boarding gate 40 minutes before the scheduled departure time for CBBG handling procedures.
Cabin baggage is the item(s) that you carry with you into the aircraft cabin and which is kept under your custody during the flight. EVA Air assists in securing the item but is not liable for any damage or loss of this cabin baggage unless such damage or loss is caused by EVA Air's negligence. If the CBBG has no proper packing, or is not in accordance with the related regulations, or passengers disagree with the handling of the baggage, the baggage will not be accepted as a CBBG for safety reasons. EVA Air is entitled to accept it as checked baggage or refuse such items onboard. To ensure smooth handling of Cabin Baggage handling procedures, check-in at the counter two hours prior to departure.
If you have a Cabin Baggage request, please click and fill out the Cabin Baggage Declaration Form and fax to the EVA Air Reservation office. Remember that passengers traveling with a CBBG must book and confirm on EVA Air / UNI Air operated international flights no later than 48 hours prior to flight departure with an EVA Air agent (CBBG online booking is not available).