EVA AIR provides various types of special assistance to make your flight safe and comfortable.
Unaccompanied minors aged 5 to 12 years may travel with EVA Air. To ensure the safety of children traveling alone, we request that parents/guardians inform us that they are booking a flight for an unaccompanied minor at the time they make reservations. Parents need to fill out a UM form, including local contacts at both departure and arrival pick-up points.
- In Business Class on each flight, EVA Air will accept a maximum of only one unaccompanied minor between the ages of 8 and 12 years of age.
- An unaccompanied minor is not allowed to use the VIP lounge facility at London/Amsterdam/San Francisco airport due to alcohol regulations. EVA will provide meal coupons to the unaccompanied minor.
- If the itinerary includes a transfer/stopover that exceeds 4 hours, arrangements must be made in advance by a parent or guardian for an authorized person to meet/pick up the child upon arrival at the stopover/layover point and stay with the child until he/she can be checked back in to continue the trip.
- An unaccompanied minor should hold a UM Applicable Fare ticket or pay the difference to make up the UM charge. For detailed information about the UM applicable fare ticket, please contact your EVA ticketing office or travel agent.
- All children under the age of 12 will be considered unaccompanied minors, even if they are traveling with other young flyers under the age of 16.
- If segments of the unaccompanied minor's trip involve other airlines, we recommend that you contact those airlines for their specific procedures.
- Certain countries /regions have specific restrictions for children travelling as unaccompanied minors. Extra documentation varies depending on the country you are travelling to or from, so please check with the relevant government authorities to make sure you have prepared the required documents before you travel.
In addition, certain countries/regions also have special document regulations for passengers under the age of 18 who travel alone. Please pay attention and confirm with the relevant government authorities before you travel.