- Sporting equipment can be included as part of your free checked baggage allowance. Excess baggage fee will be applied if you bring additional, oversized, or overweight baggage.
- Any sports item not mentioned in the table will be regarded as normal baggage and excess baggage fee may apply.
- If the equipment bag contains clothing or anything other than approved items, then it will be charged as a standard checked bag, and additional oversize charges may apply.
- Sporting equipment must be packed appropriately to prevent possible damage. If it is not packed well, EVA Air may refuse to accept it as checked baggage
- You may be asked to open your baggage check at the airport if necessary.
- If your sporting equipment has high value, it is recommended that you purchase the baggage insurance before travel, which may provide you with a more comprehensive insurance coverage.
- Some different regulations and charges apply to special baggage, you can contact EVA Air reservations 48 hours for more details prior to your departure.
- EVA is not liable if and to the extent that the delay, loss or damage resulted from the inherent defect, quality or vice of the Baggage.
Sporting Equipment Charges
For the sporting equipment listed in the above table, the way to charge the excess baggage are as follows:
- If the number of pieces exceeds the baggage allowance, please click Excess Baggage and Other Optional Fees.
- Charges for a single piece of overweight baggage
● 23kg(50lbs) < Weight ≦ 32kg(70lbs): 0.5 piece of excess baggage charge rate should be applied
● 32kg(70lbs) < Weight ≦ 45kg(100lbs): 3 pieces of excess baggage charge rate should be applied and get EVA Air’s approval prior to travel
● Weight > 45kg(100lbs): Not accepted as checked baggage
- Charges for a single piece of oversized baggage according to the total linear dimension of the baggage (length + width + height)
● Dimensions ≦ 277cm(109in): No charge for oversize baggage fee
● Dimensions > 277cm(109in): 2 pieces of excess baggage charge rate should be applied
● Dimensions > 292cm(115in): Can be accepted only if it can be loaded in the cargo hold of the flight.