Changes/Refunds of EVA Air Tickets due to Flight cancellation of Chicago/Houston Route
Passengers holding EVA Air tickets (695) with confirmed booking of flights as below that being affected by cancellation/schedule change of EVA Air flights to/from Chicago/ Houston:
(1) Ticket issue/reissue date: on/before 30SEP2021
(2) Ticketed travel date: 03SEP2021 to 31OCT2021
(1) Within ticket validity, passengers may have one free change provided that:
A. Rebook to flights on/before 31JAN2022 with the same routing (city) and booking class(RBD) as originally ticketed; or
B. Rebook to flights on/before 31OCT2021 via EVA Air flights of Seattle/San Francisco/Los Angles with the same booking class connecting Alaska Air (AS) or United Airlines (UA) operated flights provided that destination remains unchanged.
(2) Within ticket validity and destination remains the same, Premium Economy class passengers may rebook to flights on/before 31OCT2021 in Economy class or Business class transferring via Seattle connecting Alaska Air (AS) or United Airlines (UA) operated flights by refunding or paying the fare difference, and the reissue fee/tax and booking service fee difference will be waived.
(3) Within ticket validity, if passengers request to change out of the scope of (1) or (2) above, it is considered as voluntary change and the ticket should be recalculated and reissued to collect the fare/tax/booking service charge difference if any with the reissue fee waived for one transaction.
(4) EVA Air operated flights changed to codeshare flights or other carriers’ flight out of the scope of (1) is not permitted.
(1) Refunds of the ticket and/or related ancillary services may be made in accordance with provisions of involuntary refund that the refund service charge will not be imposed. Regarding Booking Service Charge (BSC), it is non-refundable for partial-used ticket. The unused BSC can only be refunded when the ticket is totalunused or consists of BSC imposed on a flight-coupon base.
(2) For tickets purchased or modified from EVA Air official website, please submit a refund application through EVA Air website. For tickets purchased from EVA Air 2 ticketing channels, please contact EVA Air reservation and ticketing office to arrange a refund.
(3) For tickets purchased from travel agents, please contact your travel agent for refund
4. For tickets being changed with reissue fee waived but then voluntarily request for a change or refund afterwards, the service charge will not be waived.
5. If the ticket being changed/refunded is the result of an exchanged/reissue or revalidated transaction, the eligibility of waiver is determined based on the current ticket to be changed/refunded.
6. Award ticket and upgrade with mileages
For refunds, refund service charge will not be imposed.
For rebooking, reissue fee as well as the expired miles are exempt from collection for one transaction provided that the revised itinerary meets the same criteria as the affected ticket.
Please contact EVA reservation and ticketing office for rebooking or refund.
7. Group passengers shall contact the original issuing travel agency for changes/refunds.
8. Free and Reduced fare tickets are not included in this handling guideline, e.g. ID/ AD/DM..etc.
9. Passengers who have been previously charged is not allowed to reimburse based on this bulletin.
We urge all passengers to check the entry requirements and travel warnings before taking the flight, and follow the latest official regulations issued by the government of each country.