Taiwan High Speed Rail
Welcome to Taiwan High-Speed Rail’s additional purchase service provided by EVA Air and Taiwan High-Speed Rail. Passengers holding EVA Air and UNI Air international flight tickets can purchase Taiwan High-Speed Rail’s tickets at discounted rates within a certain time period. Please see below for further details and refer to the following instructions.
Buy Now – Special offers on the Taiwan High Speed Rail tickets
Simply click the button below if you are eligible for the discount ticket.
Taiwan High-Speed Rail Additional Purchase—Manage Your Trip
Passengers who have already purchased Taiwan High-Speed Rail tickets through our website can find all booking records or apply for a refund at our online webpage “Taiwan High-Speed Rail Additional Purchase—Manage Your Trip”
- The Taiwan High-Speed Rail additional purchase service is only provided to passengers who hold EVA Air or UNI Air international flight tickets. Tickets must be issued and unused in order to apply. Please allow one day after the ticket is issued for this service to be available.
- On or before 2021/01/03: Tickets are available to book 28 days up to 1 hour prior to scheduled time of departure.
Beginning 2021/01/04: Tickets are available to book 29 days up to 1 hour prior to scheduled time of departure. Furthermore, when the advance booking date falls on a Friday or Saturday, it will be extended to the Sunday after.(If the period opens for booking adjusted due to force majeure, THSRC will make additional announcements.)
- Passengers only can purchase THSR train tickets according to their departure and arrival stations. For example, if your flight departs from Taiwan and your return flight arrives at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, you are eligible to purchase additional Taiwan High-Speed Rail train tickets from/to Taoyuan station.
- Please allow sufficient time for both arrival/departure trains at the THSR station and transferring to EVA Air/UNI Air flights. (Please note: the check-in counter closes 60 minutes prior to departure at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport.)
- We suggest you allow at least 2.5 hours transfer time for flights departing from Taiwan.
- We also suggest you allow at least 2.5 hours transfer time for flights arriving in Taiwan from foreign destinations.
- The system only allows passengers to purchase one-way tickets. For return tickets, passengers must make a booking separately for the return sector and will receive two different booking references. Passengers are free to purchase single or return tickets as long as the flight tickets status is available and bookings are made within 29 days before the scheduled dates.
- Ten tickets maximum when purchasing one-way tickets. Passengers must hold the same flight itineraries in order to book train tickets together under one transaction. For bookings made under one transaction, passengers do not necessarily have to travel together on the same train. They can also choose to travel with other companions. Please note: bookings made separately may result in passengers being seated separately.
- The Taiwan High-Speed Rail additional purchase program only provides set fares. All fares have been adjusted since April 1, 2017. Based on the current fares, passengers can receive a 20% discount for standard class or 15% discount for business class. Actual selling prices are subject to the fares provided at the time of purchase. * Please note: by law, Taiwan High-Speed Rail provides half-price tickets for children age under 12, Taiwan citizens over 65, and disabled passengers. It is recommended that passengers purchase concession tickets via Taiwan High-Speed Rail ticket-selling channels. For further information on accompanied children without a ticket please refer to the Taiwan High-Speed Rail official website.
- Passengers must enter their passport or ID card number when purchasing Taiwan High-Speed Rail train tickets as a proof of identification for ticket collection. (In case there are more than 2 passengers traveling together, please enter one of the companion‘s passport or ID card numbers. For foreign passengers holding passports without Arabic numerals, please enter your date of birth in “YYYYMMDD” format. For example, if the date of birth is July 1, 1991, please enter “19910701.”
- Passengers must enter a valid email address when purchasing Taiwan High-Speed Rail train tickets. After booking is completed, the system will automatically send a confirmation to the email address provided including booking reference and itinerary.
- Taiwan High-Speed Rail ticket are calculated in Taiwan dollars.
- In order to protect the rights of credit card holders, only VISA, Master Card, and JCB with 3D secure are accepted. To prevent credit card information from being stolen, passengers are required to enter the credit card number and expiration date. In addition, the security code and 3D secure code are also required. The system does not provide a service for applying 3D secure code. Passengers who wish to apply for a 3D secure code, please contact your credit card issuer.
- Once booking is completed, a Taiwan High-Speed Rail reference code will be generated by the system. Please make a note of the reference code as this will need to be provided for ticket collection. It is recommend keeping your booking reference safely and printing the confirmation after booking is completed.
- For further ticketing information, please refer to the Taiwan High-Speed Rail official website.
Taiwan High-Speed Rail ticket collection
- After booking is complete, passengers can collect tickets from KIOSK machines or at ticket counters at a Taiwan High-Speed Rail station. Please provide the Taiwan High-Speed Rail booking reference and nominee’s passport or ID card number. (Information provided when booking Taiwan High-Speed Rail tickets.)
- Passengers can collect tickets at convenience stores (7-11, Family Mart, Hi-Life, and OK stores). A TWD 10 surcharge will be added per ticket. (TWD 20 surcharge for return tickets.)
- Passengers must pay attention to the train schedule and collect tickets before traveling. Tickets are not refundable if passengers fail to collect their tickets on time and miss their train.
- In case you forget the information needed for ticket collection, please visit our online webpage “Taiwan High-Speed Rail Additional Purchase—Manage Your Trip” or contact your local reservation office. Please provide your English name and flight ticket number and our staff will assist you in locating your Taiwan High-Speed Rail booking record.
Taiwan High-Speed Rail Additional Purchase Booking Record—Manage your Trip
- Passengers can find all booking records on our online webpage “Taiwan High-Speed Rail Additional Purchase—Manage Your Trip”
- A refund service is also available via “Taiwan High-Speed Rail Additional Purchase—Manage Your Trip”
- Passengers can either enter the Taiwan High-Speed Rail booking reference and nominee’s passport or ID card number. (Information provided when booking Taiwan High-Speed Rail tickets.) Or English name and EVA Air/UNI Air international flight ticket number to review the booking.
- If you forget your Taiwan High-Speed Rail booking reference, please contact our local reservation office. Please provide your English name and flight ticket number and our staff will assist you in locating your Taiwan High-Speed Rail booking record.
Refund Taiwan High-Speed Rail ticket
- Before ticket collection
- Passengers that wish to refund their tickets, please visit our online website webpage “Taiwan High-Speed Rail Additional Purchase—Manage Your Trip” and complete a refund application 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. (According to Taiwan High-Speed Rail’s regulations, please note: refund application will not be accepted within 30 minutes of the scheduled departure time)
- After refund application is completed, the ticket fares will be returned to the original credit card used for booking. (A surcharge is not required.)
- After ticket collection
For further refund information, please refer to the Taiwan High-Speed Rail official website. Please note after ticket collection and ticket refund, passengers will not benefit from Taiwan High-Speed Rail additional purchase discounts.
Change train times
- Before ticket collection
- The website does not provide a train time change function.
- Passengers that wish to change their travel time, please apply for a ticket refund via “Taiwan High-Speed Rail Additional Purchase—Manage Your Trip” and complete a refund application 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. After that, use the original EVA Air or UNI Air flight ticket number to book and purchase another Taiwan High-Speed Rail ticket. (Ticket status must be available).
- After ticket collection
- For further information for passengers who wish to change their train times after ticket collection, please refer to the Taiwan High-Speed Rail official website.
- Once a ticket has been issued, passengers who wish to change their train times must apply 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time at ticket-selling counters at Taiwan High-Speed Rail stations. Passengers are only allowed to change train times once. In addition, passengers are not allowed to change departure/arrival points and train cabins. Please note: passengers must pay attention to the train times and collect tickets before traveling. Tickets are non-refundable and booking will not be canceled if passengers fail to change their tickets on time and are no longer eligible for travel.
- Passengers traveling with Taiwan High-Speed Rail are not eligible to accumulate EVA Air Infinity MileageLands points.
- Passengers using preferential or discounted tickets but who fail to prove their qualification, or who change to ride in higher-fare cars must pay the difference in the fares. An additional 50% of the difference in the fares may be charged as a penalty according to the Passenger Transportation Contract.
- In case of any disruption, an update announcement will be published on the Taiwan High-Speed Rail official website as well as at train stations. EVA Air will not be liable to update its website.
- After passengers have purchased tickets or completed their journey, they can apply a “certificate of ticket issuance or on-board certificate” by providing a ticket receipt at ticket-selling counters or information counters at Taiwan High-Speed Rail stations. Passengers are allowed to apply it once. Passengers should return their certificates of ticket issuance when applying for any alterations or refunds.
- 2021 Taiwan High Speed Rail tickets advance booking and booking enquiries. We would like to remind you that if there are any schedule changes during the holiday seasons, the update announcement will be posted in Taiwan High-Speed Rail stations and on the official website.
- From April 1, 2017, passengers holding EVA Air and UNI Air international flights tickets can purchase Taiwan High-Speed Rail ticket at the following discounted rates: 20% discount for Standard class or 15% discount for business class.
- In compliance with Taiwan High-Speed Rail’s regulations, passengers that wish to benefit from joint flight and train tickets must make a booking with EVA Air or UNI Air and obtain a booking reference and ticket numbers in advance (Ticket status must be available). Passengers then must enter their name and ticket numbers via the EVA Air website. The Taiwan High-Speed Rail additional purchase system will provide available seats for passengers to book 3 days before the scheduled departure dates (including the day) or 3 days after the scheduled arrival dates (including the day). The rules remain the same for tickets collection and traveling by Taiwan High-Speed Rail trains. Please note: passengers must pay attention for the train schedule and collect tickets before traveling. Tickets are non-refundable if passengers fail to collect their tickets on time and miss their train.
- Special fares related to the purchase of THSR tickets are only available while payment transactions are completed on this website. Train seats are limited so please refer to the THSR website announcements for any changes. EVA Air is not liable for passengers who cannot complete the ticket purchase process on the website or are unable to purchase the preferred train time due to the THSR online ticketing system malfunctioning and Internet connectivity issues. (Such as failure to connect to the website due to heavy demand during peak times or if system cannot provide preferred train time). As a result, if purchasing tickets directly from the THSR website or other THSR ticket-selling channels, passengers will be ineligible to purchase special fare THSR tickets. EVA Air will not be liable for any fare difference, refund administration fee, and derivative costs.
- Due to Hong Kong local regulations, passengers who purchase flight tickets departing from Hong Kong are not eligible to benefit from this additional service.