Contingency Plan for Flights to/from Canada
If a flight is delayed on the tarmac after the doors of the aircraft are closed for takeoff or after the flight has landed, EVA AIR will provide passengers with the following, free of charge if feasible.
- If the aircraft is equipped with lavatories, access to those lavatories in working order;
- proper ventilation and cooling or heating of the aircraft;
- if it is feasible to communicate with people outside of the aircraft, the means to do so; and
- food and drink, in reasonable quantities, taking into account the length of the delay, the time of day and the location of the airport.
Urgent Medical Assistance
If a passenger requires urgent medical assistance while the flight is delayed on the tarmac after the doors of the aircraft are closed for takeoff or after the flight has landed, EVA AIR will facilitate access to that assistance.
If a flight is delayed by 3 hours on the tarmac at an airport in Canada, EVA AIR will provide an opportunity for passengers to disembark
- three hours after the aircraft doors have been closed for takeoff and
- three hours after the flight has landed, or at any earlier time if it is feasible.
However, EVA AIR is not required to provide an opportunity for passengers to disembark if it is likely that takeoff will occur less than three hours and 45 minutes after the doors of the aircraft are closed for takeoff or after the flight has landed and the carrier is able to continue to provide the standard of treatment.
EVA AIR allows passengers to disembark and must, if feasible, give passengers with disabilities and their support person, service animal or emotional support animal, if any, the opportunity to disembark first.
This section does not apply if providing an opportunity for passengers to disembark is not possible, including if it is not possible for reasons related to safety and security or to air traffic or customs control.
Flight Disruption Compensation
Some delays or cancellations are within an airline's control, whereas others, like those caused by severe weather or airport and air traffic disruptions, are simply out of our hands. Whatever the reason for the delay or cancellation,
EVA Air will be there to assist you. EVA Air will be required to pay passengers compensation for flight delays or cancellations that are in our control and not related to safety. Passengers will be entitled to compensation based on the length of delay at arrival at their final destination.
Length of delay Amount (CAD):
- 3–6 hours: $400
- 6–9 hours: $700
- 9+ hours: $1,000
You can click on the link to read the EVA Air Contract of Carriage.