- Baggage means such articles, effects and other personal property of a passenger as are necessary or appropriate for wear, use, comfort or convenience in connection with a trip. Unless otherwise specified, it shall include both checked and unchecked baggage.
- We recommend that you pack your belongings in proper suitcases to avoid damage to your luggage or its contents during its transportation.
- At check in counter, please ensure that your baggage is tagged to the correct flight and destination and numbers of receipt in hand are correct.
- All checked baggage is X-rayed. The X-ray security check can be performed either before or after a passenger has finished the check-in process. If this is done beforehand, the passenger will be required to stand by the X-ray checkpoint until his/her baggage passes through and is cleared. This baggage could be opened for inspection or refused for loading onboard the aircraft by the security officer if the passenger is not present.
- Please remember that an English nametag will be helpful if your baggage is lost. Your English identification will speed the airline's ability to locate your baggage. For your convenience, EVA offers blank name tags at the check-in counter free of charge. Please use these nametags for your convenience. You will take sole responsibility for items lost and damage packed in carton boxes or paper shopping bags. Please do not pack fragile articles, valuable items, important document, medicines, and keys. Some carriers assume no liability for loss of, damage to, or delay in delivery of certain articles.
EVA Air’s liability is limited for loss of, damage to, or delay in delivery of any perishable property and baggage with inadequate packing, nor for damage to or damage caused by fragile articles, liquids, or perishables. EVA Air’s liability for the following items is also limited in accordance with the relevant convention governing international air travel: medicines, orthotics (medical support devices), money, jewelry, silverware, negotiable papers, securities, business/personal documents, spirits, books/manuscripts, optics, keys, publications, blueprints, paintings/works of arts, sound reproduction equipment, business samples, artistic items, irreplaceable items, photographs, business equipment, natural fur products, antiques, heirlooms, collectibles, artifacts, precious metals/stones, photographic/audio/video equipment and related items, computer hardware/software and electronic components/equipment. Although EVA Air does accept the previously listed items in checked baggage, we cannot be liable or for which EVA Air's liability may be limited for any loss/damage to them.
Before you pass through immigration, please make sure the following points had been verified:
1. You have correct baggage receipt(s)
2. Your checked baggage has been tagged to the correct destination
3. Your baggage has been inspected by X-ray at a security checkpoint and cleared to proceed (Passengers are required to make sure his/her all check-in baggage pass through X-ray without any problem, e.g. airports in Taiwan)
EVA Air is authorized to inspect your baggage whether you are present or not when it is being examined and can be refused for transport it if you are absent. Baggage that has passed through security-inspection points will be moved to the aircraft loading area by either an automated baggage-handling system or, in some airports or conditions, by baggage handlers. Most baggage is loaded into a special container that requires it to be stacked. If any attachments such as handles or straps are not properly stored, damage could possibly occur to the baggage during the transportation process. You are encouraged to use appropriate baggage and to remove any unfixed or protruding attachments.
EVA Air and its agents exercise due diligent care when handling all baggage. Nevertheless, baggage might get stained, dented or scratched under some certain circumstances during transportation. We appreciate your understandings. To minimize the damage, you may choose to wrap your baggage with plastic-film and not check-in brand-name baggage.
At baggage claim areas
Sequence and priority for unloading is determined by the cabin class flown and loading position. Please allow 20-60 minutes for your baggage to be delivered to the claim area. To ensure that you don't take someone else's identical or similar-looking baggage by mistake, please double-check the tag number on the suitcase to make certain it is the same as the one on your baggage receipt before you take it from the conveyor. You can click here for baggage clearance information at Taoyuan International Airport(TPE) and Songshan International Airport(TSA) in Taiwan.