NEW for Your Security, as of Sept. 10, 2019
We now use 3D Secure authentication to give our passengers a more secure online booking experience and reduce risks of credit card fraud. VISA SECURE, MasterCard SecureCode, American Express SafeKey and JCB J/Secure authentication services help us ensure comprehensive security for every transaction you complete on the EVA Air website at www.evaair.com and on the EVA mobile app. We initiated the 3D Secure authentication services on September 10, 2019.
VISA SECURE, MasterCard SecureCode, American Express SafeKey and JCB J/Secure are online security authentication services offered by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and JCB, the most common international credit card issuers.
How It Works
After you enter your credit card information to pay for your EVA ticket, a 3D Secure authentication window will appear IF your card’s issuing bank offers 3D Secure authentication. The 3D Secure authentication window will ask you to enter a one-time password the issuing bank will send your email or phone. As an alternative, you can use an authentication code pre-authorized by your card’s issuing bank. You must enter the password or authentication code before your ticket purchase can be authorized. If your bank does not provide 3D Secure authentication, the 3D Secure authentication window will not appear and your purchase will be authorized without it. Please remember that 3D Secure authentication is for the security of your online purchases.
We have three credit card authentication categories, based on whether or not you are purchasing your ticket with a credit card issued by a bank that does or does not offer authentication:
For itineraries departing from EVA Gateways
- Visa/MasterCard/American Express/JCB credit cards issued by banks that offer authentication can be used. Authentication must be confirmed to complete the website or mobile app purchase. (Note: The credit cards we accept will vary by market.)
- Credit cards issued by banks that do not offer authentication can be used to purchase tickets. Because there is no authentication process, the purchaser or passenger must present the card used for the purchase and verify the cardholder’s identity when they check in at the airport, before boarding.
- No authentication is available for transactions in New Taiwan Dollars using American Express cards. The purchaser must present the card used for the purchase to verify the cardholder's identity when the passenger checks in at the airport, before boarding.
- For itineraries not departing from an EVA Gateways
- For itineraries departing from the Philippines, paid with American Express.
- For itineraries with a first segment that is not on EVA:
- Only Visa/MasterCard/American Express credit cards issued by banks that offer authentication can be used to purchase tickets on the EVA website or mobile app. The cardholder or passenger does not need to present the credit card at the airport for verification.
- Visa/MasterCard/American Express credit cards issued by banks that do not offer authentication and Diners Club/JCB credit cards cannot be used to purchase tickets from the EVA website or mobile app.
- Tickets departing from the Philippines cannot be purchased on the EVA website or mobile app with American Express cards that do not have authentication.
If your transaction is authenticated by VISA SECURE, MasterCard SecureCode, American Express SafeKey or JCB J/Secure and successfully authorized, you do not need to present the credit card at the airport. The cardholder does not have to be an EVA passenger.
Entering the 3 or 4- digit CVC (card verification code) on the back or front of the card is NOT 3D Secure authentication. The credit card must be presented at the airport for all tickets purchased on EVA’s website or mobile app with a card that does not offer 3D Secure authentication.
EVA will notify passengers of transaction abnormalities due to the credit card used by sending an email to the address provided at the time the ticket is purchased. EVA reserves the right to require a passenger and/or cardholder to present the credit card used to pay for a ticket for verification or pay for the ticket in cash before boarding the flight.
Note: To ensure security of online transactions, EVA can reject transactions that do not successful complete 3D Secure authentication or it can accept these transactions. When payment for a ticket is accepted and 3D Secure authentication is not completed, the passenger or card holder must present the credit card used at the airport for verification.
If you have questions about registering for 3D Secure authentication or other inquiries regarding this security measure, please contact the bank that issued your credit card.