Allow plenty of time to complete check-in and the necessary security, immigration and/or customs formalities. Hours of operation for EVA check-in counters and the time required for pre-boarding procedures vary at different airports.
At a minimum, we recommend that you check in one hour before the scheduled departure time for international flights, but you may need three hours in large, busy airports with strict procedures such as those in the U.S. If you are a passenger with special needs or considerations, e.g. unaccompanied minor, disabled, deaf, blind, use a wheelchair or walker, etc., and need assistance to complete check-in and pre-boarding procedures, we recommend that you check in at least two hours before scheduled departure time. It is very important that you check in on time because your reserved seat could be released and you could be denied boarding if you are late.
Please confirm counter operating hours and recommended check-in times for the airport you will be departing from by contacting the EVA Airport Office.
- Present your ticket, valid and issued in accordance with EVA requirements. Use your flight coupons in sequence from the place of departure as shown on your ticket. Your ticket will be void if it is mutilated or has been altered by anyone other than EVA or an agent authorized by EVA. Because fares vary by season, area and other factors, and to avoid paying a fare difference later, please verify that your booking and ticket match.
- Carry your passport and remember that some countries require that it be valid for a certain period after your departure date, e.g., six months. Also, carry prepared exit, entry, transit, health and any other documents required by laws, regulations or requirements of the countries on your travel itinerary, including copies for EVA to retain. Please remember that failure to comply with regulations or not preparing proper documents could result in denied boarding or deportation.EVA Air and our handling agents will not be liable in any way for any consequences arising of your not having the require or valid travel documents.
Checked and Unchecked Baggage
- Please make sure that tags or identification labels are attached to each piece of luggage you are taking on your trip. EVA check-in counters will also give you name tags to be filled out in English and attached to your baggage. Please refer to your ticket for your Free Baggage Allowance. If your checked baggage exceeds the allowance for your ticket, you will be required to pay an Excess Baggage Charge. Your baggage can usually be tagged and checked all the way through to your final confirmed destination. Your Unchecked Baggage or the piece you can carry with you onboard the aircraft is restricted in quantity, size and weight and must comply with security, flight safety and cabin regulations. Please keep in mind that security, customs or other officials may be required to examine your baggage.
In compliance with regulations and to assure cabin safety, the exit seats cannot be assigned to a passenger who falls into the following categories：
- Does not have sufficient mobility, strength or dexterity in both arms/hands or legs.
- Less than 15 years old.;
- Does not have the ability to read or understand printed or graphic instructions related to emergency evacuation.
- Does not have sufficient visual capacity to perform applicable functions without the assistance of visual aids beyond contact lenses or eyeglasses.
- Does not have sufficient aural capacity to hear and understand instructions by cabin crewmembers without assistance beyond a hearing aid.
- Does not have the ability to convey information orally to other passengers.
- Has the responsibility of caring for small children.
- Deportees or their escorts.
- Traveling with service animals (ex: guide dog).
- A passenger with baggage carried on another seat.
- With any condition that might cause bodily harm if performing any of the functions above.
If you have been assigned an exit seat, you may be asked to perform the following functions when aircraft has come to a complete stop and instruction from cabin crew is given (when no instruction is given from incapacitated cabin crew, after evacuation signal or command is heard):
- Be able to locate the emergency exit.
- Be able to recognize the emergency exit opening mechanism and the operation instructions.
- Be able to read and understand the instructions for operating the emergency exit, follow hand signals and oral directions given by crew members.
- Be able to stow or secure the emergency exit door so that it will not obstruct use of the exit.
- Be able to activate and stabilize the slide after deployment and go down slide (raft) first to assist others in getting off the slide; (not applicable for aircraft without slides).
- Be able to assess, select, and follow a safe path away from the emergency exit and aircraft.
- Be willing to help other passengers away from the plane.
If you cannot or do not wish to perform these functions, please inform a ground staff or cabin crew member to be reseated. Your compliance with the regulations and assistance to cabin safety will be highly appreciated.
- Check your boarding pass to make sure it is correct, e.g. name, flight, destination etc.
- Verify that your checked baggage has been tagged to the correct destination and that you have the correct receipt(s).
- Confirm that all of your travel documents and your ticket, including coupons for onward and return flights, have been returned to you.
- Complete necessary formalities, such as security, pay airport taxes and service charges, etc.
- Go to your boarding gate early so that you will be ready to board the aircraft at least 30 minutes before departure.
Diamond member Check-in Lounge ( Only available at TSA airport )
The Diamond Member Check-in Lounge is located at departure hall of Taipei Songshan Airport, alongside check-in counter No. 4. All the Diamond card members and three of his/her travel companions are welcome to enjoy the private check in service, and selective drinks/snacks and wireless internet service will be served for our dignitary guests.
The Diamond Member Check-in lounge is open from 5:30am to 16:30pm daily.
If you’re departing from Taipei (TPE), Taichung(RMQ),Kaohsiung (KHH), Hong kong (HKG), Macau (MFM) and returning within 48 hours and from the same city, you can check in for your return sector at the same time as you check in for your outbound flight. This is a very helpful service for those passengers traveling without baggage.
Automated check in (ACI)
We want to save your valuable time enjoying more relaxed travel, with our automated check-in (ACI), you can print out your boarding pass or check-in confirmation 12 hours before your flight departs by clicking URL in email or logging in EVA Air Global Website and EVA Air Mobile Website (Manage Your Trip).
Automated check in (ACI)
- You travel on EVA Air or UNI Air international flights (Code shared flights not operated by EVA Air or UNI Air are not eligible); However, it's currently NOT applicable for flights departing from London, and Los Angeles.
- It's the return journey with your travel document scanned by the passport reader.
- Seat selection is reserved.
- Confirmed booking with electronic ticket.
- No special service (e.g. Unaccompanied Minor..etc) is requested.
For more information, please refer to EVA Airways Website FAQ.