【JCB X EVA Air Use JCB Card and get the inflight WiFi for free!】
From August 1, 2018 to September 30 (Taipei Time or GMT+8)
During the period of the Campaign, a set of “Voucher code for Free Three-Hour Inflight Wi-Fi Service” is offered for any purchase of round-trip ticket for departure from the designated Asia region on EVA Air official website or EVA Mobile APP made with JCB Card. (Limited offer available only for a total of 3,500 sets of voucher code for all JCB cardholders from all departure locations)
- The promotional offer is designated for the purchase of flight tickets departing from the following regions: Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Cambodia and the Philippines.
- Period of the Purchase: from August 1, 2018 to September 30, 2018. The actual date when purchase can be made, actual flight as well as seat availability shall be subject to the announcement and system on EVA Air official website.
- This Campaign is limited to the purchase of designated round-trip ticket or Open-Jaw ticket/stopover ticket/multi-destinations ticket (one-way ticket not applicable) and shall apply to the first leg of the flight departing before or on March 31, 2019. Please note that no offer will be given for any flight ticket that does not depart within the aforementioned period. In the event that JCB cardholder who purchaseｄ the ticket is not the actual passenger(s), the JCB cardholder shall complete the “card verification procedure” in accordance with the requirement of EVA Air before such passenger(s) can reserve seats and board the flight. Please visit EVA Air official website for more information.
- Only one set of voucher code will be given for each purchase transaction (regardless of the number of tickets purchased). Refund and duplicate transaction is not applicable.
- EVA Wi-Fi is only available on aircrafts B777-300ER and A330-300. In the event that the flight purchased by the JCB cardholder does not provide inflight Wi-Fi service or the JCB cardholder/passenger(s) could not use such service due to change or cancellation of flight, the JCB cardholder/passenger(s) may use and log in with the Wi-Fi voucher code on any flight offering EVA Wi-Fi service within the validity period of the Wi-Fi voucher code, provided that such JCB cardholder/passenger(s) has not yet logged in and used such Wi-Fi voucher code.
- This offer applies to all JCB brand cards.
- ※Some cards are not eligible.
- Purchases must be made with a JCB card. Please note that award ticket and upgrade award are not applicable
- This promotional offer is applicable to any cabin class of ticket. However, the ticket must be purchased from the EVA Air official website or EVA Mobile APP to receive this promotional offer.
- The number of voucher code offered for this Campaign is limited and is on a first-come-first-served basis. This Campaign will be closed after all offers of Wi-Fi voucher code have been given. No further notice will be provided.
- The Wi-Fi voucher will be sent to the email provided at the time of purchasing the ticket after 23:59 (Taipei time or GMT +8) on the next day following completion of payment and issuance of ticket. However, the expiry date for the “Voucher code for Free Three-Hour Inflight Wi-Fi Service” is March 31, 2019 (inclusive). The voucher code will be deemed as forfeited and invalid if not used prior to the expiry date and will not be re-issued. For detailed information, please refer to instructions and points of attention stated in the notification email for “Voucher code for Free Three-Hour Inflight Wi-Fi Service”, or please visit the EVA Air official website.
- The JCB credit cardholder/passenger(s) shall check the EVA Air official website and confirm whether the flight to be purchased provides EVA Wi-Fi services. In addition, EVA Air has the right to change aircrafts or cancel the flight due to adjustment of flight schedules or force majeure. Any change shall be subject to the announcement or notice of EVA Air. Please note the “Voucher code for Free Three-Hour Inflight Wi-Fi Service” may not be able to be used due to change or cancellation of aircraft type.
- The Wi-Fi voucher code will not be re-issued in the Campaign of loss, damage or inability to redeem due to improper safekeeping.
- Please note that the “Voucher code for Free Three-Hour Inflight Wi-Fi Service” will be deemed as used upon log-in. There will be no cancellation or return of the Wi-Fi voucher code. “Voucher code for Free Three Hour Inflight Wi-Fi Service” cannot be exchanged for cash or transferred to another person.
- Instructions for Use of Inflight Wi-Fi:
- When on board the flight, after the flight attendant’s announcement that the Wi-Fi service is turned on, please enable Wi-Fi in your mobile device and select “EVA-WiFi” from network list. You will be directed to our in-flight Wi-Fi welcome page automatically. If not, please open your browser and access www.evawifi.com. Input your EVA Wi-Fi Voucher Code in the "Enter Voucher Code" field to connect.
- The inflight Wi-Fi service may be unavailable over the Arctic or Antarctica or due to other flight conditions. When flying over the Polar Regions, the inflight Wi-Fi connection may be affected for more than 3 hours depending on the season and different routes or other factors.
- Once connected to the inflight Wi-Fi service, the countdown timer will start until the expiration time. The timer will continue even if logged out halfway through or the Wi-Fi connection is affected due to circumstances mentioned in the preceding paragraph.
- The inflight Wi-Fi password may be used on any EVA flight providing EVA Wi-Fi service.
- EVA Wi-Fi is enabled by satellite transmission. The actual speed and quality of EVA Wi-Fi connection depends on the number of users and the satellite signal strength. Unstable connection or disconnection of EVA Wi-Fi may occur.
- EVA Wi-Fi is available only when an aircraft is 20,000 feet or higher above ground. All electronic devices shall be turned off during take-off and landing.
- To protect the rights of other passengers, the Wi-Fi service has disabled connection to websites that may contain obscene, indecent, malicious or illegal content.
- In order to keep a respectful and quiet cabin environment, web-based VoIP (Voice over IP) calls are prohibited inside the cabin.
- EVA Air reserves the right to amend all relevant requirements or rules with regard to the inflight Wi-Fi service.
- Although EVA Wi-Fi supports online video streaming, streaming of videos such as watching YouTube or Nexflix during the flight is not recommended as connection speed may be unstable during the flight due to satellite signals being affected by climate and geographical location, which may cause prolonged buffer time and reduced video quality.
- For any questions with regard to the EVA Wi-Fi service, please refer to the relevant information on EVA Air official website. Any amendment shall be subject to the latest update of the user instruction published on EVA Air official website.
- There is no partnership, relationship of distribution, agency or guarantee between JCB International and EVA Air. Purchase of flight tickets on EVA Air official website shall be made in accordance with all relevant purchase requirements and instructions, as well as proceeded in accordance with the announcements posted on EVA Air official website.
- JCB claims no responsibility for any trouble encountered when purchasing flight tickets. Please contact EVA Air directly.
- The “Voucher code for Free Three-Hour Inflight Wi-Fi Service” is offered for free for the marketing Campaign. Thus, JCB International and EVA Air does not provide any quality assurance or any compensation or indemnification in cash or any other form for any dispute arising from the use or quality (unstable connection or disconnection during flight) of the Wi-Fi Service.
- This promotion offer does not apply to infant ticket.
- Both JCB and EVA Air has the legal right to make the final decision in the event of conflicting interpretations.