EVA Airways recognises that many people with disabilities use service animals.
Service animals, such as escort dogs, required by disabled passengers can be carried on board without excess baggage charges. Passengers carrying such animals shall produce an attending physician's statement, except when travelling to/from the USA. (See below). Please note that EVA Airways only accepts dogs as service animals. See Traveling with Pets for details about the transportation of pets. If you are travelling on a direct flight to/from the USA, some additional or different regulations may apply:
- Service dogs are dogs that are trained to assist passengers with disabilities with specific jobs or tasks. Because of the length of flights to and from the USA, we request that you contact our reservations department at least 48 hours in advance to make arrangements.
- Emotional support dogs are dogs that provide emotional support and comfort to passengers with mental or emotional disabilities. If you plan to travel with an emotional support dog, we will need the following documentation:
- A letter from a licensed mental health professional on their letterhead stationery that is no older than one year.
- The letter must state that the passenger is under the care of the person writing the letter.
- The passenger has a mental or emotional disability recognised in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) IV.
- The passenger needs the dog as an accommodation during the flight and/or at the destination.
- The date, type and jurisdiction of the mental health professional's licence.
If you are travelling with a service dog, you must also ensure that you have all the required health certificates for the dog for your destination and any countries of transit. Please check with the consulate(s) of the country/countries on your itinerary to make sure you have all the health certificates and documentation that you need.
Service and emotional support dogs must be able to fit under the seat in front of you or be able to lie at your feet without obstructing the row or the aisle.
According to local government regulations, emotional support dogs or service dogs should be carried by cage through Immigration and Customs Quarantine in some specific stations in China. Please contact EVA AIR for more details.