EVA AIR provides various types of special assistance to make your flight safe and comfortable.
Unaccompanied minors aged 5 to 12 years may travel with EVA Air. To ensure the safety of children travelling alone, we request that parents/guardians inform us that they are booking a flight for an unaccompanied minor at the time they make reservations. Parents need to fill out a UM form, including local contacts at both departure and arrival pick-up points.
- In Business Class on each flight, EVA Air will accept a maximum of only one unaccompanied minor between the ages of 8 and 12 years of age.
- An unaccompanied minor is not allowed to use the VIP Lounge facilities at London/Amsterdam/San Francisco airport due to alcohol regulations. EVA will provide meal coupons to the unaccompanied minor.
- If the itinerary includes a transfer/stopover that exceeds 4 hours, arrangements must be made in advance by a parent or guardian for an authorised person to meet/pick up the child upon arrival at the stopover/layover point and stay with the child until they can be checked back in to continue the trip.
- An unaccompanied minor should hold a UM applicable fare ticket or pay the difference to make up the UM charge. For detailed information about the UM applicable fare ticket, please contact your EVA ticketing office or travel agent.
- All children under the age of 12 will be considered unaccompanied minors, even if they are travelling with other young flyers under the age of 16.
- If segments of the unaccompanied minor's trip involve other airlines, we recommend that you contact those airlines for their specific procedures.
Travel advice for France: A passenger who is under 18 years old, currently lives in France, regardless of nationality, and is travelling alone or unaccompanied by their legal parents (parents or guardians) must have an exit consent letter (AST). This form should be established and signed by legal parents (parents or guardians) with a photocopy of an identity document from the signing parent.
Please visit www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F1359 for more information and to download an AST form.