Star Alliance Upgrade Awards (SAUA)
- You must have an active and confirmed booking in an eligible class with the ticket. Bookings can be made at any booking source. Mileage Accumulation is based on the actual ticket class. Please put your Infinity MileageLands number into your booking for automatic mileage accumulation after boarding.
- Upgrades to Business Class: Qualified only when the reservation class is Y or B (Note 2). The following airlines have additional classes qualified.
|Airlines||AC, NZ, UA
||NZ, LH, OS, NH
||NZ, LX, ZH
||ET, LH,CA, ZH, NH, OS
||LX, ZH, SA(Domoestic), TK
|AirlinesAdditional Classes Qualified||AC, NZ, UAO||NZ, LH, OS, NHE||NZ, LX, ZHU||ET, LH, CA, ZH, NH, OSG||ET, SK, TKS||LX, ZH, SA (Domestic), TKM||UA, TKA||TKH|
Note 1: If the flight operates as a two-cabin aircraft for Economy class and First class, you can request an upgrade award to First class from Economy class of above the eligible class.
Note 2: Travel dates on and after Feb 1, 2018, SQ will provide reservation classes S, T and travel dates on and after Sep 1, 2018, SQ will provide reservation class P as additional qualified classes for upgrades from Premium Economy Class to Business Class. In addition, upgrades from Economy Class to Business Class are only applicable to flights without Premium Economy Class.
- Upgrades to First Class: Qualified only when the reservation class is C or D (Note 1). The following airlines have additional classes qualified.
LH, SQ, LX, CA,
NH (Note 2)
|AirlinesAdditional Classes Qualified||LH, SQ, LX, CA, NH (Note 2) J||SQ, NHZ||SQU|
Note 1: Travel dates on and after Feb 1, 2018, reservation class D is not applicable for upgrades from Business Class to First Class on SQ.
Note 2: Travel dates on and after Dec 6, 2018, NH will provide reservation J as an additional qualified class.
- Star Alliance connecting partners (e.g. HO) do not provide the upgrade award service.
- Star Alliance airlines without first class operation: JP, A3, AC, NZ, OS, AV, SN, CM, OU, ET, LO, SK, TP, TK, SA, MS, UA.
- Please make sure to print the above eligible class on your ticket.
- Please check your traveling area and required mileage in advance. (Check the Star Alliance Upgrade Awards Mileage Redemption Chart for more information).
- Please make sure you have achieved the upgrade award requirement with valid miles earned by the same account number. You may follow these steps to apply for an upgrade award through the SAUA Upgrade on EVA Air’s website.
Step 1: Please log in with your membership number and password.
Step 2: Please select whether “You have companions within the same record” or “You have no companions” (Up to 4 members in a single booking can be upgraded).
Step 3: Please log in with the companion membership number and password.
Step 4: Please input or select your flight request in the “Carrier,” ”Flight Number,” ”Original Cabin,” “date,” and “Departure/Arrival Airport Code” columns. (The upgrade award is based on one segment. Waitlist is not permitted.)
Step 5: Please choose whether to use your own miles or the miles transferred to you in your account to confirm your upgrade award. (Upgrade Certificate is not permitted.)
Step 6: The system will automatically deduct miles from your account once your booking is confirmed. The total mileage required for the upgrade must be valid until the departure date.
- Infant, Group, Industry discount, agency discount, or award tickets cannot be used for upgrade award redemption. Please contact Star Alliance Carrier for an infant upgrade request.
- The required mileage for adults and children are the same.
- You are responsible for all taxes and surcharges for an upgrade award.
- Upgrade awards are limited to the next higher class only. If the flight operates as a two-cabin aircraft for Economy class and First class, you are allowed to request an upgrade award of First class from Economy class directly.
- Singapore Airlines Suites Class cabin cannot be used for upgrade awards.
- Please book your upgrade award 24 hours prior to flight departure.
- You need not book through ticket re-issuing; you will still have the original booked class ticket.
- When you rebook or cancel upgrade booking, please contact the Operating Carrier Airline to cancel the upgrade segment first, and then rebook.
- When your upgrade reservation is canceled, the system will take 3-5 days to process the re-deposit of the original valid miles back to your account after receiving the cancellation message from the Operating Carrier Airline.
- Restrictions may be placed on flight numbers, routes, and classes.
- Your special requests accompanied with upgrade awards may not be available according to the conditions of the operating carrier. Service regulations for the special request passenger (e.g. special meal, prior seat assignment, passenger riding in a wheelchair, infant traveling alone, etc.) may differ, depending on the operating carrier airline. Therefore, be sure to contact the operating carrier airline for confirmation.
- Award seats on Star Alliance member airlines are subject to capacity control by the operating carrier airline for confirmation.
- You must be booked onto an Operating Carrier Airline that is a member of the Star Alliance.
- Upgrade awards are not applicable to code-share flights.
- You cannot book a seat upgrade in a wait list upon reservation or request standby for a seat upgrade at the airport check-in.
- If your presented ticket at the airport check-in counter does not comply with the criteria for upgrade, you must abide by the recommendation of the operating airline’s airport staff.
- Before boarding, be sure to check with the flight airline or the EVA Air Reservation Center, as partner airline flights may be canceled or changed without prior notification.