기내 휴대 수하물
Hand-carry Baggage Number and Regulations
- Royal Laurel/Premium Laurel/Business Class passenger is allowed to carry two-pieces of hand-carry baggage and each piece cannot exceed 7 kg/15 lb. Premium Economy/Economy Class passenger is permitted to carry one-piece weighing 7 kg/15 lb carry-on baggage.
- The dimension of each hand-carry baggage may not be larger than 23 x 36 x 56 cm /9 x 14 x 22 in or total of 115 cm/45 in (personal item is not applied to this regulation).
- For your convenience, a measurement Test Unit is available at either the check-in counter or boarding lounge to help you to determine whether your baggage meets these requirements.
- If the hand-carry baggage is overweight or oversize, it will be checked and carried in the cargo hold or refused carriage.
Please note that:
- Hand-carry baggage must fit under a passenger seat when stow, in order to prevent it from sliding sideward into the aisle.
- Hand-carry baggage does not obstruct passenger movement to, from, or across the aisle.
- Hand-carry baggage stowed in overhead bins fits securely, and flight attendants can close the bins without using force.
- There is little or no chance for hand-carry baggage and other articles to fall out of overhead bins when the bins doors are opened.
- Do not keep the hand-carry baggage on your lap.
- Aircraft’s closet is not suitable to stow passenger's baggage.
- At some airports, carry-on baggage size may be more limited due to aircraft’s stowage capacity (especially A321) even though your carry-on size comply with the limited size according to picture above. If the baggage cannot fit into the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you, The baggage will be stored as checked baggage and placed in the cargo compartment. We very appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- Here to remind all passengers, your carry-on baggage must comply with the carry-on baggage dimension and weight limits and be stored properly on your own. If you carry oversize or overweight baggage, you may be required to pay additional charges to be transported as checked baggage. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Personal Item (Carry-on Item)
In additional to free hand-carry baggage, each passenger may carry one piece of free personal item for all classes with dimension 40 x 30 x 10 cm /16 x 12 x 4 in or total linear dimensions 80 cm/32 in or an item of similar size (subject to local country specific restrictions, if any). These dimensions include wheels, handles and side pockets. If your item exceeds the total dimension of 80 cm/32 in, it will be counted as part of standard hand-carry baggage allowance. You will then be required to check in either the hand-carry bag or the personal item.
- a laptop computer* or
- a purse or
- a small backpack or
- a briefcase or
- a camera case or
- rain gear (umbrella, raincoat) or
- a limited amount of duty-free merchandise
*A laptop in thin satchel-style laptop bag is considered to be a personal item. A laptop in a larger laptop bag will be counted as part of a guest’s hand-carry allowance.
Above items should be safely stowed in the closed overhead bin or under the seat. If you put your free personal item in the seat pocket, it should be within the vertical line from the seat back and under no circumstances can it protrude into the aisle. Passengers are permitted to place small bags on their shoulders or waists after fastening seat belts.
Using small, lightweight portable electronic devices without medical purpose onboard, such as personal air-purifying devices and personal humidifiers, shall follow the restrictions as below:
- Comply with the carry-on baggage dimension and weight limits and regulations governing the use of portable electronic devices.
- Vapor or incense emitted from electronic devices is strictly prohibited.
Please note that you are not permitted to attach any unapproved device to any part of your seat or any other part of the aircraft such as knee defenders and seat belt extensions.
Some special items are not suitable as check-in baggage due to its nature and request permission to carry in the cabin. Such baggage should be stored at the closed overhead bin or under the seat. If it cannot place the locations as mentioned, it will be treated as cabin baggage and charge for an extra seat, including:
- One infant's carrying basket or fully collapsible stroller, pushchair, car seat or CARES harness. Small fully collapsible stroller can be stored in the overhead bin if there is space available. Large stroller must be accepted as checked baggage only. Before the stroller is checked, please remove the stroller accessories to avoid loss.
- Infant's necessity items such as napkins, feeding bottle and food for consumption during the flight cannot exceed 5 kg when carry on board.
- Walking stick/ Wheelchair/ crutches/ braces/ prosthetic device/any assistive device, this is needed by disabled passengers.
- Medicine/medical equipment or supplies, including transplanted organs. For blood transportation, it is necessary to provide a non-infectious certificate from a related clinical laboratory in advance.
- Sculptures/ urns in non-square shapes: These items can be accepted in the cabin for placing under the seat in front of the passenger or in the closed overhead bin to avoid moving, falling and blocking an emergency exit. However, if you do not want to store such items under the seat in front of the passenger or in the closed overhead bin, they can only accepted as cabin baggage and you have to pack them into secure and strong boxes.
- Musical instruments: No cabin baggage can be higher than the seat back, except musical instruments. However, musical instruments cannot block the walkway of passengers or obstruct other passenger's view of emergency signs. Only aisle seats behind a partition are allowed to store the cabin baggage on seats. A cello, accepted as cabin baggage and stored up on the passenger deck, cannot block the walkway to an emergency exit; for example, window seats behind partition are not recommended. Nevertheless, a cello can be accepted in the row in front of partition only under the condition that passengers have free to access to an emergency exit.
- Bulky baggage: Items cannot be stored in the closed overhead bins or under the seats and accepted as cabin baggage.
- Valuable items: Cash, financial documents, jewelry, cameras, cell phones, portable electronic devices, and other valuables should be kept on your person or in your carry-on bags. You can store such items in the closed overhead bin or under the seat.
For aviation safety, any oversize or overweight hand-carry baggage will be intercepted and tagged as checked baggage whenever it might endanger the safety to the aircraft and other passengers. After 911 events in the USA, all airports maintain a high security alert. Any banned items detected at a security checkpoint could be delivered late, confiscated or held by authorities. EVA Air cannot be responsible for any banned items found by security authorities. Please contact EVA Air or the airport security authority for details before traveling.
Any unchecked items occupying extra seats are charged and considered as Cabin Baggage (CBBG), such as an urn, Buddhist Statue carved statue, musical instruments, or other fragile/valuable items. If you would like to purchase an extra seat for CBBG, please contact EVA Air Reservation office to provide the type/dimension/weight (after fully packing and the box cannot be fragile) before your flight departs.
To properly secure your cabin baggage, the following regulations are applied
- Any cabin baggage must have hard packing (e.g. suitcase) on each side or be packed into a secure and strong box (with handle(s) is recommended for easy seatbelt fastening). The package material cannot be soft bags (e.g. plastic bags) or be made of glass to avoid any harm to passengers or seats.
- If CBBG is non-square shape such as idol, Buddha statue or a vase etc., it must be packed in a strong box. Please note the accessories (including headwear etc.) of the statue must be enclosed in a strong box and the content cannot exceed outside the box. Also, all items in the box must not injure passengers during taxi, takeoff, landing or flight turbulence occurs.
- Box with rigid packaging definition: The contents and the packaging will not be damaged or out of shape when CBBG secured with seat belts.
- One seat can occupy one CBBG only. Each CBBG must not exceed 70 kg/154 lb per seat and the dimension (after proper packing) has complied with all requirements. Please click the cabin baggage acceptable dimensions.
- Passengers travelling with CBBG must book and confirm on EVA Air / UNI Air operated international flights no later than 48 hours prior to flight departure (CBBG online booking is not available).
- There's no free carry-on or checked baggage allowance for cabin baggage. Passenger’s free baggage allowance will remain unchanged.
- Must be assigned an extra seat in the first row behind the partition or last row in front of partition by EVA Air Reservation.
- Must be secured in a seat adjacent or nearby to the passenger and comply with all safety regulations.
- Must not change seats for both passenger and baggage during the flight.
- Must not obscure any customer's view of "seatbelt," "no smoking" or "exit" sign.
- Must not contain dangerous goods or other prohibited items.
- Must not endanger the aircraft, persons or property onboard the aircraft.
- Must identify yourself at the boarding gate 40 minutes before the scheduled departure time for CBBG handling procedure.
Cabin baggage is the item(s) that you carry with you into the aircraft cabin and are kept under your custody during flight. EVA Air assists in securing the item but is not liable for any damage or loss of this cabin baggage unless such damage or loss is caused by EVA Air's negligence. If CBBG has no proper packing, not in accordance with related regulation, or passengers disagreeing with the handling of baggage, the baggage will not be accepted as CBBG for safety reason. EVA Air is entitled to accept as checked baggage or refuse such items onboard. To ensure smooth handling of Cabin Baggage handling procedures, check in at counter 2 hours prior to departure.
If you have Cabin Baggage request, please click and fill out the Cabin Baggage Declaration Form and fax to EVA Air Reservation office. Remind you passengers travelling with CBBG must book and confirm on EVA Air / UNI Air operated international flights no later than 48 hours prior to flight departure by an EVA Air’s agent (CBBG online booking is not available).
Passengers carrying travel gadgets including Bedbox, Fly-Tot, Plane Pal or other similar products should comply with the regulations as below:
- Must not be used during the aircraft take-off, landing, or taxiing.
- Must not be used on the aisle and exit seats on board.
- Must not cause damage to any facility or personnel onboard the aircraft.
- Must not affect the convenience and comfort of other passengers. For example, impede the reclining range of the seat in front.
- If there is any concern that the Bedbox may make other passenger move inconveniently, such Bedbox can only be used on window seats (ex. A/K) or inner seats of the center row between two aisles (ex. E/F). Passengers need to inform reservation staff to pre-arrange suitable seats if they want to use the products onboard.
- The restriction of quantity, size, weight and stowing location shall be in compliance with hand-carry baggage regulations.
- Whenever the fasten seat belt sign turns ON during flight or cabin crewmember instructs you to do so, passenger must follow the safety regulations below:
- For child reaches 2 years old, the accompanying adult must ensure the child has securely fastened seat belt.
- For infant (not reach to 2 years old), the accompanying adult must hold the infant to prevent from injuries.
- Note: For infant using Bedbox as a flat bed, the accompanying adult shall buy a child fare ticket in advance.
- Utilizing two or more Bedbox side-by-side across the seats in the seats in the same row to lie down is not permitted.
- Passenger must read the instructions of manufacturer, and follow EVA regulation to ensure the safety for Bedbox user.
- Note: Other similar products user should follow EVA regulation and cabin crew instruction.