스타얼라이언스 보도 자료
oneworld, SkyTeam and Star Alliance Come Together to Let Travellers Know They Can Fly With Confidence
Dear Travellers – released today, watch it HERE
July 9th, 2020: The three global airline alliances, collectively representing over fifty percent of the world’s air traffic, have come together to highlight the measures airlines are adopting to assure the well-being of customers while travelling. Dear Travellers1, a video by the three alliances, provides a look at what customers can expect on their journeys over the coming months as travel restrictions are slowly eased and the world starts to reopen.
Once customers are ready to fly, they can do so with confidence, assured that airlines and airports around the world are implementing enhanced hygiene and personal safety standards to mitigate risks to health.
oneworld CEO Rob Gurney said: “Safety has always been at the core of our member airlines’ operations and this will continue to be the case. With the additional health and well-being measures that have been implemented by our member airlines, and across the industry, customers can embark on their travel with confidence.”
Included in the measures that travellers will experience during their journey from check-in to their chosen destination are:
- A requirement or recommendation for passengers and airline staff to wear face masks both at the airport and onboard, consistent with applicable public health guidelines
- A safe airport environment with physical distancing in all required areas
- Increased and intensified sanitation with a focus on high-touch areas, both on the ground and in the aircraft cabin
- Hospital-grade high-efficiency air filters on board modern aircraft. Known as HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air), these filters extract 99.99% of particles and airborne contaminants
Kristin Colvile, SkyTeam’s CEO, said: “The safety and well-being of passengers and employees have always been our members’ number one priority. We have seen an incredible level of cooperation within the entire aviation community to implement multiple layers of protection around health and hygiene. Passengers can be assured that when they travel many actions have been taken to enhance their personal safety in the airport, and the air.”
Each of the three global alliances has recently announced initiatives that focus on a multi-layered approach to safe operations, meeting or exceeding the stringent measures recommended by health experts, regulators and leading industry bodies.
“We are pleased to have had the opportunity to work with multiple stakeholders2 in the industry to deliver, in unison, a message to provide peace of mind to customers that health and hygiene safety in air travel is front and centre in the industry’s agenda,” Jeffrey Goh, CEO of Star Alliance, emphasized. He added, “We are facing the biggest challenge in the history of our industry but we are equally determined to overcome it through measures that restore confidence in air travel, so that we can connect people and cultures across the world once again.”
Footnotes for editors.
- The Dear Travellers film was commissioned after an international search assisted by the talenthouse collaboration platform in which Something’s Awry Productions was selected as the production partner. It is not just a list or animation of safety measures, but rather tells the story of a young woman preparing to return to the skies, ultimately reuniting with family, with top destinations in the world imagined through a series of postcards.
- The film has been supported by ICAO, the International Civil Aviation Organisation. In addition, multiple industry groups have provided their endorsement. These comprise the Air Transport Action Group, the International Air Transport Association, Airports Council International, Airlines for Europe, the Arab Air Carrier Organization, the African Airlines Association, the Association of Asia Pacific Airlines, the Latin American and Caribbean Air Transport Association, the International Coordinating Council of Aerospace Industries Associations, Airbus SE, Boeing Airplane Company, and Embraer (Empresa Brasileira de Aeronáutica)
- Something’s Awry Productions is an award-winning boutique animation studio that creates branded and original content for companies and studios around the world. The unique CG paper animated look of this spot is one of their specialties. Postcard designs by 2Tall Animation. See https://somethingsawry.com/.